Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Is acknowledgment an email to you? My OCI file reached Surrey on Oct 19th. Didnt hear anything for the next 10 days. Now it says on the tracker "under process". What is the next step should I be looking for? haven't received any communication yet.
Acknowledgement from BLS comes as an email (only for postal applications), but the Ack that we value much comes from the consulate as an update on the application status -- you have to check the OCI status site to see it. No email is generated. Its the date when the process officially starts.
Follow status updates on this site: https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

Last edited:

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
Acknowledgement from BLS comes as an email (only for postal applications), but the Ack that we value much comes from the consulate as an update on the application -- you have to check the OCI status site to see it. No email is generated. Its the date when the process officially starts.
Follow status updates on this site: https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury
My application has been "under process" since yesterday on the BLS tracker. But no Ack email yet. Should I be worried?

sab12in

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-06-2014
Med's Request
10-12-2014
Med's Done....
15-12-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2015
LANDED..........
21-11-2015
Is acknowledgment an email to you? My OCI file reached Surrey on Oct 19th. Didnt hear anything for the next 10 days. Now it says on the tracker "under process". What is the next step should I be looking for? haven't received any communication yet.
Check the ack date in OCI status check link https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Did anyone recently got success in talking to BLS over phone. I am trying and no luck. Please suggest how can I reach them urgently. Thanks!
If really urgent you can also walk into BLS office during the "enquiry time": 3pm to 4:30pm in Toronto.

appar

Nov 24, 2017
Quebec
Category........
FSW
I had an emergency at home and couldn't go for my OCI appointment at BLS. Since no more appointments are available online, I will have to apply by mail.

My understanding is that I only need to send self attested copies of documents if applying by mail? Can someone confirm this? My application will be processed at HCI Ottawa.

NavpreetDroach

Oct 29, 2023
For Toronto, OCI is getting processed today for Oct10 ack date. So, doesn't look like yours will be processed before Friday Nov3. And then, Consulate is closed over the weekend (Nov 4 and 5). I don't believe there's any way you can OCI in hand the same day that it's processed, irrespective of the reason for urgency. So, if I were you, I'd prepare to postpone travel by a few days at least.
Hi
Not sure about Toronto, But I applied in Vancouver location and Ack date is Oct 12th. And still under process. It might be risky. I also had to cancel my flight booked for Oct31st, which was yesterday. All the best

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I had an emergency at home and couldn't go for my OCI appointment at BLS. Since no more appointments are available online, I will have to apply by mail.

My understanding is that I only need to send self attested copies of documents if applying by mail? Can someone confirm this? My application will be processed at HCI Ottawa.
Yes only send self attested copies. Walk-in also works if you want to give a try.

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
one of my parents got processed yesterday with an ACK of sept28. The other one with the same ACK did not however. Is this normal? I would expect the second one to be processed fairly soon here..