+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Any ack for applications after 10th October..My date of application is 12th October and my tickets are for December 7th. Totally confused about applying Entry visa or wait for OCI.

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Yes, this is normalt, it should have your tracking information, use that and keep tracking. Hopefully by tomorrow in the second half, it should reflect as "porcessing at consulate general" Good luck.
I submitted by VISA application on October 27, so will keep the team posted.
Thanks,
What is your status showing today on tracker?

HaiRabba

Apr 18, 2023
Any ack for applications after 10th October..My date of application is 12th October and my tickets are for December 7th. Totally confused about applying Entry visa or wait for OCI.
Apply for an entry visa. OCI is taking forever. If you are in Toronto then still you have luck. Otherwise hard to say.

Reactions: Singh8998

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Apply for an entry visa. OCI is taking forever. If you are in Toronto then still you have luck. Otherwise hard to say.
I am in Brampton but I’m scared of getting passport stuck. How long it takes for entry visa. Bls inquiry says 45 days which is pass my travel date

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Out of three Oct 10 applications we track, one Ack reported so far. Assuming you get Ack in next three days, best case estimate for OCI is Nov 27th. IMO, Dec 7th is too close to that to instill confidence . i would apply for entry visa in this case.

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Out of three Oct 10 applications we track, one Ack reported so far. Assuming you get Ack in next three days, best case estimate for OCI is Nov 27th. IMO, Dec 7th is too close to that to instill confidence . i would apply for entry visa in this case.
Can we post entry visa applications as there are no appointment slots open for Brampton.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
@eas2lv I just got back from BLS again. They have not received it there yet and BLS status is still showing "Processing at Consulate General". I wonder if tomorrow also it will be delivered at BLS or not.

PS: The security guy at BLS (who went to check if they received the oci) said it will take another 2-3 weeks. Very disappointing statement to hear. When I told him there are people who got it in 2 days after status changed to "Processed", he said it can vary case to case basis.

I guess I am going to reschedule my tickets :(
What date do you see under Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) and Document received At on OCI website?

HaiRabba

Apr 18, 2023
I am in Brampton but I’m scared of getting passport stuck. How long it takes for entry visa. Bls inquiry says 45 days which is pass my travel date
There is only one person whose visa got processed. The majority of us over here have applied for the entry visa along with OCI. Hopefully, we have an answer this week.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
If your travel tickets this week, take the copy of tickets to the consulate and try to pickup directly from there in morning. If they say it is already with BLS, then take it in writing and go to BLS at 3pm, show the proof received from consulate and collect your OCI. It is a lot of work so do it only if your tickets are in this week.

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
If your travel tickets this week, take the copy of tickets to the consulate and try to pickup directly from there in morning. If they say it is already with BLS, then take it in writing and go to BLS at 3pm, show the proof received from consulate and collect your OCI. It is a lot of work so do it only if your tickets are in this week.
Nov 1st is Wednesday (open house day) and could have been a good day to try this. But I believe his ticket is on 1st!

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Nov 1st is Wednesday (open house day) and could have been a good day to try this. But I believe his ticket is on 1st!
So just tomorrow to get the OCI. Try calling the consulate now. Try their emergency number. Explain your situation.

Reactions: eas2lv