+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Submitted OCi as a walking in Ottawa on 10/26. I see that the current BLS status is "underprocess", can anyone here share what are the different statuses that the application go through?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Submitted OCi as a walking in Ottawa on 10/26. I see that the current BLS status is "underprocess", can anyone here share what are the different statuses that the application go through?
Did you do it with an appointment?

BLS Portal Status:
Under Process
Processing at High Commission
Counter delivery
Ready for Collection/Dispatch

OCI Portal Status:
UNDER-PROCESS
PROCESSED

Reactions: anksyahoo

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Did you do it with an appointment?

BLS Portal Status:
Under Process
Processing at High Commission
Counter delivery
Ready for Collection/Dispatch

OCI Portal Status:
UNDER-PROCESS
PROCESSED
Thanks and to answer your question. It was a walk-in without an appointment.

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Just wanted to know the lineup ? Was it crazy?
i went today for entry visa application and line was crazy , people are in waiting list since Thursday but at 40 gillingham where OCI need to apply hardly 15 people.

panic and line ups shifted for visas now.

• Wow
Reactions: Sapru

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
i went today for entry visa application and line was crazy , people are in waiting list since Thursday but at 40 gillingham where OCI need to apply hardly 15 people.

panic and line ups shifted for visas now.
Toronto has always been, wanted to know about Ottawa.

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi, I applied for my minor daughter's OCI on Sep 27th via postal application. I received the original documents back last week (around Oct 24th). BLS site shows status as Dispatched Courier (I am assuming it's for the originals). OCI status site shows application "Under Process" and acknowledgement date was Oct 20th. What are the chances I get the OCI back by November 20th?

meghalshah

Nov 4, 2019
Hi, I applied for my minor daughter's OCI on Sep 27th via postal application. I received the original documents back last week (around Oct 24th). BLS site shows status as Dispatched Courier (I am assuming it's for the originals). OCI status site shows application "Under Process" and acknowledgement date was Oct 20th. What are the chances I get the OCI back by November 20th?
@kushalagg assuming if it is Toronto jurisdiction then tentatively 21-22 days from the acknowledge date. Please follow Toronto tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSw0K_bUGvWjN0uF4Ecqzi8UPVDQwjHCwQHMgkuUpBRcJo-CQa9IUYjY4DGqdQ6zmC3bP0D__lImeKb/pubhtml

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Assuming it is sent to Toronto consulate, if current timeline wont change then on Nov 10th or the next working day after 10th it may show Processed. Once it shows processed, Consulate will send the printed OCI to BLS and then BLS will courier to your address which may take 7 to 10 days.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Location? If Toronto jurisdiction, there is some chance. For Vancouver and Ottawa, no.

MarvelMagnum

Star Member
Oct 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Toronto
Why did u send original documents for postal OCI application? I thought that no originals are required.

Last edited: