+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
they will ask minor to sign under the photo that is pasted on page 1 of app form, top left corner. if minor cannot sign, then either thumb of minor on the spot there itself or if you do not have ink pad etc, you can ask the BLS person if you can sign there instead of minor. On page 2, bottom right corner, both parents have to sign the form- THIS IS ALL FOR ENTRY VISA and not OCI.
For minor oci, minor needs only digital thumbprint .. correct? and parents dont need to sign ..correct?

asking because i found this on bls website..
  • A person who has not attained the age of 18 years is considered as minor. In case of minor who cannot sign, his/her left thumb impression may be placed in the signature box. Parents should not sign on the behalf of the children.

VK777

May 7, 2019
i had an appointment booked for today and so i was able to get in. If you do not have an appointment, then you have to slog it out overnight and walk in the next day and get your entry appln in. If you do not want to wait in line, i heard that there are some services being offered where someone will stand in line for (for a fee of course) and then you can get in that way. If you do not want to do that, then wait for OCI. If you wait for OCI and it happens, good. If not, postone ticket and travel with OCI.
How early before the appointment time do we have to reach/report?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
For minor oci who is in botn in Canada... I am able to understand that this is the list of documents we need..

• In case of minor child whose both parents are citizens of India or one of the parents is a citizen of India:
    • Copy of child’s birth certificate
    • Copy of Indian passport of the parents

• Copy of Marriage certificate (Even though spouse name is there in both parent's passports but i think safe to submit this also additionally)
    • NOC signed by both parents
Is this correct?
or

Do we need to submit anything more like this?
- status in canada like PR Card?
and/or - proof of current address or not?

Any other document?

Does both parents need to self-attest all the documents?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
So that I can be with my mom to make arrangements for my youngest sister wedding as since my dad passed away she gets anxious with everythn :( n all r waiting for me to handle her with everythn else so I want to be there asap n spendn money on tickets changes visas etx as I wana b with my family at this time
Ab tu itna senti maaregi to ye he dialogue aayega apun ke dimaag main

Last edited:

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
For minor oci, minor needs only digital thumbprint .. correct? and parents dont need to sign ..correct?

• A person who has not attained the age of 18 years is considered as minor. In case of minor who cannot sign, his/her left thumb impression may be placed in the signature box. Parents should not sign on the behalf of the children.
When a specimen signature is requested (like the signature image in OCI application), it must be that of the actual applicant (or thumb impression if cannot sign). It gets used as a way to identify the person. Think of it like a photo. Never substitute this with someone else's signature (even if parents). You can sign at places where you signing "on behalf" of the minor, like attesting a photocopy or declarations that minor is not capable of doing with understanding.

Reactions: desmat

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018

Do not sign any part of the app form. take it completely filled up to the BLS office along with your child if possible and do as the BLS person says. if they ask u to sign, sign there. if they ask the minor to sign and the minor is not able to sign, then you sign there. they ask you to sign somewhere else, sign there. They ask you to go left you go left, right you go right- right now, BLS is the boss and we have to accept it, ie. until you get OCI or Entry visa after that you are the boss and you can sign all the cheques you want

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Do not sign any part of the app form. take it completely filled up to the BLS office along with your child if possible and do as the BLS person says. if they ask u to sign, sign there. if they ask the minor to sign and the minor is not able to sign, then you sign there. they ask you to sign somewhere else, sign there. They ask you to go left you go left, right you go right- right now, BLS is the boss and we have to accept it, ie. until you get OCI or Entry visa after that you are the boss and you can sign all the cheques you want
When a specimen signature is requested (like the signature image in OCI application), it must be that of the actual applicant (or thumb impression if cannot sign). It gets used as a way to identify the person. Think of it like a photo. Never substitute this with someone else's signature (even if parents). You can sign at places where you signing "on behalf" of the minor, like attesting a photocopy or declarations that minor is not capable of doing with understanding.
Thanks.... i am asking for minor who is few months old... photo studio gave me a digital fingerprint and thats why thought no need to take thumb impression anywhere using a ink pad for minor..

i am actually planning to send application using postal/courier method, so thats why asking all those questions as cannot goto BLS office in that case to ask where to sign etc.

Reactions: Yoga D and eas2lv

Deepa Solanki

Aug 28, 2018
You mean travel date is Nov 10? Can't be Oct 10.. For Vancouver, you may just get OCI in hand by then, but somewhat uncertain. Applying for entry visa on Monday may also just make it -- depends on courier vs pickup and whether the process will keep up the current pace etc.. If walk-in is an option, I would apply for entry visa in this case. Otherwise wait for OCI and be open to re-scheduling travel, in case.
You mean travel date is Nov 10? Can't be Oct 10.. For Vancouver, you may just get OCI in hand by then, but somewhat uncertain. Applying for entry visa on Monday may also just make it -- depends on courier vs pickup and whether the process will keep up the current pace etc.. If walk-in is an option, I would apply for entry visa in this case. Otherwise wait for OCI and be open to re-scheduling travel, in case.
yeah my travel date is Nov 10 .i will apply for entry visa tomorrow!!

Reactions: eas2lv

lumberman

Oct 24, 2023
Do we know what the timeline for the entry visa is now? Or any indications that the e-visa might start getting processed again?

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
So that I can be with my mom to make arrangements for my youngest sister wedding as since my dad passed away she gets anxious with everythn :( n all r waiting for me to handle her with everythn else so I want to be there asap n spendn money on tickets changes visas etx as I wana b with my family at this time
Hopefully the entry visa works out for you. Let’s us know how it goes. All the best! praying u are able to travel soon.

Reactions: RuchiWalia

VikasS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Do we know what the timeline for the entry visa is now? Or any indications that the e-visa might start getting processed again?
Entry visa re-opened on 26th of Oct, so haven't seen anyone receiving it yet(BLS says 10-12 days). India will open the e-visa when they have to open, rest all is speculation.

NavpreetDroach

Oct 29, 2023
You will get it. Hope for the best

Reactions: RuchiWalia