+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Ian10

Oct 25, 2023
Let me know if it changes. is it brampton?
Yes, Brampton. I called BLS this morning to check on a status update, however they said it would take 5 - 7 working days to update the status in the system. Based on the Tracker and previous applicants via postal timeline, I am hoping to see an update by EOD or by Monday.

Gagzgill

Oct 23, 2023
All documents per the checklist on the BLS site. They also need two photographs for in person as opposed to one when you are sending through postal. The only extras that I had to get were related to specific concerns on the Indian passport since the information was all handwritten and in some instances, not accurate.
@ps422 - are you sure for postal they need one photo? I sent 1 photo in postal minor application.

ps422

Oct 13, 2023
@ps422 - are you sure for postal they need one photo? I sent 1 photo in postal minor application.
I sent my kids’ OCI application by postal and only included one pic as confirmed by the BLS agent over the phone. It shows up as Processing at the Consulate on the BLS tracking site. So, I am assuming one is fine.

Reactions: Gagzgill

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
Found this thread and seems so helpful. We applied for my wife and son’s oci on sept 11, acknowledgement shows as oct 10. They are traveling in Dec so hopefully it gets through. Is the current timeline like a month from acknowledgment?

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
OMG 2 days...I feel so sorry for the people.

BLS center is big mess and fraud. they are purposely make you line up, I have been there 3 time early in the morning 5pm and corrected silly things like one point I mention Canada, and they said I can't use Canada as its not in my address seriously, and they ask my a month new born finger prints to be corrected as this child not even has proper skin tone and how come he will have prints, just common sense. they are all making money there, I even thought I have everything, but these people are so good at finding mistakes out of good application, that I have uploaded one extra documents and asked me extra money to correct it.

Thing is they make you suffer like anything and in the end they offer you paid service where you won't insist left no choice other then suck it up.
One point I went to Consulate General of India, Toronto, Canada l they have more then 70 people lined up and all done with in 1 hour of time frame can you believe there are only 4 people and finished in 1 hour and these BLS they allow only 10 people and 90 percent documents they reject and the time they spend on finding mistakes. making every single person life miserable. the more they can do they can get salary. as if every one gets OCI and visa there will be no people to visit BLS and less people working less salary. I have no clue but it looks very obvious.
Last year I went into one of the consular camps, the consulate officer kindly checked my OCI application and signed in Green ink ( attested by gazette officer).
She asked me to submit the application package to BLS as they dont accept OCI in camps.
Guess what BLS did?
They had audacity to reject my application since someone tampered with green ink ( lol )
Then drama bla bla bla.
My application got ack in one day since I guess because of Green ink....
Short story BLS sucks.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Found this thread and seems so helpful. We applied for my wife and son’s oci on sept 11, acknowledgement shows as oct 10. They are traveling in Dec so hopefully it gets through. Is the current timeline like a month from acknowledgment?
See timeline in the tracker for your jurisdiction. What is your location? If Toronto, see tracker link below in my signature.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
I sent my kids’ OCI application by postal and only included one pic as confirmed by the BLS agent over the phone. It shows up as Processing at the Consulate on the BLS tracking site. So, I am assuming one is fine.
One is fine as long as BLS fills in quota. Or else this is one of the reason to send ur application back.

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Just wondering how much BLS call center people know about your application. I have called 3 times and all 3 of them told your application process is almost complete, you will get it in one week. Or they just see what is on the tracking site that we see?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......

hillbilly99

Oct 23, 2023
Just wondering how much BLS call center people know about your application. I have called 3 times and all 3 of them told your application process is almost complete, you will get it in one week. Or they just see what is on the tracking site that we see?
Which number did you call?

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Date Of Acknowledgment 18-OCT-2023
Registration Status at Mission VANCOUVER
OCI Application Status UNDER-PROCESS

Travel date Dec 16. Should I apply for entry visa or wait for OCI