+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
My opinion on this is in my signature -- it has been showing 21 days for a while now.
Hi. When you say Ack, Is that the BLS or Consulate acknowledgement? BLS Surrey received my application on 19th OCT but nothing yet. Nothing shows up on the BLS tracker. 'No results found'. Any idea how long it will take i get some info that where is my application

mangomadness

Oct 27, 2023
Hello Friends,

Applied for OCI for a minor at BLS Toronto on September 29th with date of acknowledgment on October 16, anyone with similar dates? There is so much misinformation on timeline as some BLS reps say 6-8 weeks and others say 10-12 weeks. Based on the timelines mentioned already, it seems like Oct 5th acknowledgement dates are slowly being processed, which would put a tentative processing date sometime in the week of Nov 6th for Oct 16 acknowledgement dates. Thoughts? I have a travel date of Nov 18th so hoping it comes before then.

pavanmeka11

Oct 26, 2023
My OCI application status changed on OCI website
Currently it is showing "Underprocess"
Acknowlegement date on OCI website- Oct 27, 2023

mehg

Mar 10, 2023
process is really slowed down as no one is receiving any updates for acknowledgements received in the last week of September and first week of October, guys please post if any one has received any update

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hello to all, i am about to send my OCI postal application, and i just have a few questions. thanks in advance to all for the help.
1. My employment letter is dated July 2022, i am still employed with the same employer and I am sending recent pay stubs. Will this be an issue?
2. My place of birth on my Indian passport is City, State, Country however, on my CAD passport it is City, Country. Will this be an issue?
3. Do we need to print anything on the back of the photo (only) that we send with the post.
4. Do we need to initial on all photo copies ?
5, documents in postmail; checklist, app form, surrender certificate, indian passport copy, Canadian passport copy, registered marriage certificate copy, spouse passport copy, professional details (LOE, paystub) copies, proof of address; drivers license copy, fees (2 demand drafts $345 and $7.40), 1 photo graph.

once again, i appreciate all the help. My two applications came back so i am making sure everything is in order.

thanks

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi. When you say Ack, Is that the BLS or Consulate acknowledgement? BLS Surrey received my application on 19th OCT but nothing yet. Nothing shows up on the BLS tracker. 'No results found'. Any idea how long it will take i get some info that where is my application
Ack means "Acknowldgement" as it reflects on the OCI status site. Many people have reported slow handling of postal applications by BLS Surrey -- worth calling them.
BTW, numbers in my signature are all for Toronto, not Vancouver.

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
My OCI application status changed to incomplete/Incorrect Data but didn't recieve any email from BLS
Brampton Jurdistication
Application Date - Oct 12, 2023 (Walk-In)
Oct 13, 2023 - Under Process
Oct 16, 2023 - Processing at Consulate General
Oct 27, 2023 - Incomplete/Incorrect Data

Can someone please provide me their email address.
hey did you get back your application, if yes, what was the issue ?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello to all, i am about to send my OCI postal application, and i just have a few questions. thanks in advance to all for the help.
1. My employment letter is dated July 2022, i am still employed with the same employer and I am sending recent pay stubs. Will this be an issue?
2. My place of birth on my Indian passport is City, State, Country however, on my CAD passport it is City, Country. Will this be an issue?
3. Do we need to print anything on the back of the photo (only) that we send with the post.
4. Do we need to initial on all photo copies ?
5, documents in postmail; checklist, app form, surrender certificate, indian passport copy, Canadian passport copy, registered marriage certificate copy, spouse passport copy, professional details (LOE, paystub) copies, proof of address; drivers license copy, fees (2 demand drafts $345 and $7.40), 1 photo graph.

once again, i appreciate all the help. My two applications came back so i am making sure everything is in order.

thanks
1. Not an issue -- employment info is superflous and no one cares. The only critical thing is that the "job title" you mention will appear printed in the OCI booklet which is lame, but that's how it is. Mentioning employer (if employed) and contact number in the online application is important though.
2. This is true for everyone as Canadian passport uses place of birth follwed by 3-letter ISO country code. As long a sthe place of birth (city) matches you are fine.. Just write the place only as in Canadian passport (excluding IND), with State and Country selected from the dropdowns.
3. No
4. sign, not initial -- the right way is to write "True copy of original" and sign, but just signing seems to be okay with BLS.
5. Looks good.
Also upload copies of Canadian and Indian passports, marriage cert and spouse passport to the application. Some people also upload employment letter (I did not). Uploading marriage cert may not be required if spouse name is in Indian passport (I did not have it and uploaded marriage cert). If spouse has an OCI card, upload a copy of that too (first and last pages) as some BLS agents insist on it.

All assuming fresh OCI application for adult based on self-PIO status.

Last edited:

aryanz

Oct 1, 2020
Hi Eas2lv,
I have received, ACK can you update tracker please. Thanks
Date Of Acknowledgment26-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Eas2lv,
I have received, ACK can you update tracker please. Thanks
Date Of Acknowledgment26-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
date shows 26th? -- did you fail to check yesterday, or happened only now?

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
1. Not an issue -- employment info is superflous and no one cares. The only critical thing is that the "job title" you mention will appear printed in the OCI booklet which is lame, but that's how it is. Mentioning employer (if employed) and contact number in the online application is important though.
2. This is true for everyone as Canadian passport uses place of birth follwed by 3-letter ISO country code. As long a sthe place of birth (city) matches you are fine.. Just write the place only as in Canadian passport (excluding IND), with State and Country selected from the dropdowns.
3. No
4. sign, not initial -- the right way is to write "True copy of original" and sign, but just signing seems to be okay with BLS.
5. Looks good.
Also upload copies of Canadian and Indian passports, marriage cert and spouse passport to the application. Some people also upload employment letter (I did not). Uploading marriage cert may not be required if spouse name is in Indian passport (I did not have it and uploaded marriage cert). If spouse has an OCI card, upload a copy of that too (first and last pages) as some BLS agents insist on it.

All assuming fresh OCI application for adult based on self-PIO status.
thanks a lot. Appreciate the help

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
What is the answer for the question in the section -"Previous Visa/Currently valid Visa Details " for the entry visa form and answer to question- Have you ever visited India before? Yes or No?
Have you ever visited should be based on your canadian passport. I called and confirmed on this. If you ever visited India on Canadian passport then say yes else no.