+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hello,

OCI walk-in application on 10th Oct
For two day's it was under process and now it showing as (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
Seems BLS employee selected wrong option. Anyone experienced or in the same boat as me?
I am in similar situation right now. Just wondering what ended up happening? Did it ever change from counter delivery?

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
I am planning to apply for ENTRY visa. Can one of the members advise me- Do I need to take a Demand Draft or does BLS take payment for the ENTRY VISA fees directly from me through my debit card?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I am planning to apply for ENTRY visa. Can one of the members advise me- Do I need to take a Demand Draft or does BLS take payment for the ENTRY VISA fees directly from me through my debit card?
In-person they do accept Debit Card.

1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
  1. Debit Card
  2. Cash (Applicant’s are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)

Reactions: ps422

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
In-person they do accept Debit Card.

1) In Person:
Payment can be made by using the below mention modes only:
  1. Debit Card
  2. Cash (Applicant’s are requested to get exact cash as per number of applications)
I made a mistake while filling up the online application form for ENTRY visa and realised the mistake only after I finished submitting it and print out. Can I now do a fresh application and take the new one to BLS, even though there is already an existing application that is already submitted in the system against my name?

canbb

Mar 1, 2023
I have received an OCI booklet today by post thru Purolator. Some posts here say give Canadian Passport and get sticker stamped in passport but some day OCI booklet is where this OCI process ends. Hence I am confused and reaching out for clarity. After getting OCI booklet (which seems like a indian passport) is anything needs to be done towards OCI?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received an OCI booklet today by post thru Purolator. Some posts here say give Canadian Passport and get sticker stamped in passport but some day OCI booklet is where this OCI process ends. Hence I am confused and reaching out for clarity. After getting OCI booklet (which seems like a indian passport) is anything needs to be done towards OCI?
Process over, congratulations.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I made a mistake while filling up the online application form for ENTRY visa and realised the mistake only after I finished submitting it and print out. Can I now do a fresh application and take the new one to BLS, even though there is already an existing application that is already submitted in the system against my name?
I am not sure about this. I feel it shouldn't matter but will let others who applied chime in.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Making multiple versions and submitting one works for OCI, Surrender etc. In fact that is the only way to correct errors as editing is disallowed to protect data once filled.
I would think the same for Entry visa applications as well. Go ahead and make a new one and ignore the old one. The old one will get scrubbed from the system over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: preet1911 and ps422

Ayshufatima204

Apr 29, 2021
Hi @eas2lv
My application was received on oct 6 but now on bls website the appliction date shows oct 12. Is that why i didnt receive any acknowledgement yet? I expected the ack today.

Shinda545

Sep 23, 2023
OCI pickedup today. Done.
Oci delivered on 26th october . there was no update of receiving in ottawa on oci website
Applied :15 Aug
bls requested marriage certificate later on 18 Aug even though it was walkin appointment
Ack :22 Aug
Processed : 18 October
Dispatched from delhi : 19 October
Received in ottawa : not updated
Received through Purolator at home : 26 th October

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Yes, use it to travel. Congratulations

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Choose 'Student' as profession of your minor, Then it will automatically ask you to specify occupation of one of the parents, then you choose 'Father' or Mother, and then specify the occupation details of one of the parent. thats how i am doing it.
I chose others and in ‘specify reason’ section I wrote MINOR