+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

VK777

May 7, 2019
I applied for entry visa through Brampton walk-in today. They said expect it within 10 days. I asked about the 45 days stated online and they said it has not been updated.
Can you please confirm if passport is needed after 10 days for stamping? or if its just issued on paper..

VK777

May 7, 2019
BLS walkin ppl/experts on this forum, I managed to book an appointment for myself this upcoming monday but ran out of appointments for the rest of the day for my 6 month old baby..would BLS entertain a minor's application alongside mine on a single appointment? Toronto BLS is our nearest location and travel is almost 2hrs by car :( will decide to go postal if not possible..pls advise

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
There have been significant changes in the timeline since India stopped processing the temporary visas on Sep 21. Here are a few updates from me and a few friends who have applied recently in Toronto jurisdiction.

1. For applications before Sep 21 - Acknowledgement - 10 days. Processing Time - 2-3 weeks. (First hand info from 2 friends whose OCIs got processed - Applications were filed late Aug and early Sep)
2. For applications after, but close to Sep 21, (I'm in this boat - applied on Sep 22) - Acknowledgement - 14 to 16 days. Processing time - 3-4 weeks (it's been 3 weeks since I received the acknowledgement and I'm hopeful that the application will be processed in the next few days)
3. For applications filed in October - Acknowledgement is now taking 3 weeks (or even longer - this is expected to go beyond a month in the coming days, as per BLS as they are flooded with OCI applications after India stopped processing temporary permits/visas). As per the info shared at the BLS center, the total processing time from the date of filing the application at BLS is about 3 months. This is a huge dip from the Aug/Sep processing times and this time is only expected to increase in the coming days/weeks. The only way this time can come down is when India starts processing the e-visas (the most popular, but least financially rewarding option for the Consulate).

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
BLS walkin ppl/experts on this forum, I managed to book an appointment for myself this upcoming monday but ran out of appointments for the rest of the day for my 6 month old baby..would BLS entertain a minor's application alongside mine on a single appointment? Toronto BLS is our nearest location and travel is almost 2hrs by car :( will decide to go postal if not possible..pls advise
Of what i know, BLS allows you to submit the family application under 1 appointment.. so you are sorted!

Reactions: VK777

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
There have been significant changes in the timeline since India stopped processing the temporary visas on Sep 21. Here are a few updates from me and a few friends who have applied recently in Toronto jurisdiction.

1. For applications before Sep 21 - Acknowledgement - 10 days. Processing Time - 2-3 weeks. (First hand info from 2 friends whose OCIs got processed - Applications were filed late Aug and early Sep)
2. For applications after, but close to Sep 21, (I'm in this boat - applied on Sep 22) - Acknowledgement - 14 to 16 days. Processing time - 3-4 weeks (it's been 3 weeks since I received the acknowledgement and I'm hopeful that the application will be processed in the next few days)
3. For applications filed in October - Acknowledgement is now taking 3 weeks (or even longer - this is expected to go beyond a month in the coming days, as per BLS as they are flooded with OCI applications after India stopped processing temporary permits/visas) - this is expected to increase as the number of OCI applications has increased significantly due to unavailability of other visa options for (now)-Canadians. As per the info shared at the BLS center, the total processing time from the date of filing the application at BLS is about 3 months. This is a huge dip from the Aug/Sep processing times and this time is only expected to increase in the coming days/weeks. The only way this time can come down is when India starts processing the e-visas (the most popular, but least financially rewarding option for the Consulate).
For now, I think Entry Visa is the best option to go for and may reduce the OCI timeline burden!

Gagzgill

Oct 23, 2023
I applied for entry visa through Brampton walk-in today. They said expect it within 10 days. I asked about the 45 days stated online and they said it has not been updated.
Hi @ps422 can you pls share name you used on demand draft for entry visa? Want to be sure before I proceed.

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Can you confirm if they are keeping original passport of the minor? or they just need copies?

In case they are not asking for original passport, will they be asking for it after processing or will just be issuing a paper visa?

time1976

Oct 17, 2023
I'm just thinking out loud and expressing frustration at the chaos that have been created because of the decisions taken within the last month or so. There is a very high possibility that a single applicant would have submitted three separate applications by now - E-visa, OCI and now entry visa out of sheer desperation and a desire to not have their vacation plans ruined.

This almost sounds like a money making racket at the expense of helpless common folks held hostage by the powers that be.

ramneek22

Oct 26, 2023
Hello everyone. I applied for my newborn daughter's eVisa on 21st Sep, the day Visas Closed. I got a confirmation with a 15 character Applicant ID and the next day i received an email stating that the Visas have stopped sue to operational reasons.
You guys have said that the status has not changed but I am not able to see any status. It shows Invalid Data. I am checking at 2 different links but there is no data available on any of the links.
Application Status | Check Application Status Online (indiaevisas.info) - this is the first link
Indian e-Visa (indianvisaonline.gov.in) - this is the 2nd link and this one also clearly states that enter 12 digit Applicant ID whereas the Applicant ID i received is of 15 characters.
Kindly respond on this as it will be a big help. I am waiting for my daughter's OCI which i applied on 23rd Sep and we have flights booked for 6th November which in all probability I would need to reschedule.

Last edited:

bobrovsky07

Apr 3, 2017
I called Surrey BLS and they said an entry visa is not yet available for Vancouver jurisdiction. Only Toronto and Ottawa. What does this even mean? You will not give visa to half of the country.

vaibs099

Aug 28, 2015
Hello All

Sharing my timeline here -

Application Type - Postal
Jurisdiction - Toronto/Brampton
Application Date on BLS - 5th Oct 2023
Acknowledgement Date on OCI Website - 26th Oct 2023

I have flights booked for 6th December, what are my chances ?

Thanks for reply in advance.