+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ranjeeth87

Aug 19, 2015
My sincere thanks to the Forum Admins for maintaining the tracker. It was very helpful in predicting the estimated date, an information which is lacking onthe OCI and BLS website. This service provided in this forum should be very much appreciated.
not all heroes wear caps. Some maintain google docs during anxious times.

Such a great volunteer work without expectations! Thanks @eas2lv

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I have a question since entry visa is resumed, shall I apply for it or not suggestions, OCI is under process from 23 oct and travel date is 15 dec, I am very confused , please reply
Even i am also in dilema. but one thing is- entry visa is available only to ex-Indian Passport holders. My kid is born Canadian and so i assume entry visa is not possible for her. Other senior members- Please advise

Gkaur3

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
I am trying to call BLS surrey and the robot says to submit escalation form and disconnect the phone. I submitted that form twice, there is no ticket number or anything. No email. They say that they assure to get back within 24 hrs but it has been a week.

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Even i am also in dilema. but one thing is- entry visa is available only to ex-Indian Passport holders. My kid is born Canadian and so i assume entry visa is not possible for her. Other senior members- Please advise
I'd assume minors with parents of Indian origin (and current or surrendered Indian passports) are allowed to get entry visa!

Reactions: Rimi90

farooq.ind

Nov 9, 2021
Yeah, seems like e-visa has not been started.. not very helpful! Entry Visa is an in-person visa (assuming BLS will open appointments for it now)
I think we will come to know in few hours about e-visa. As of now, Canada is not being shown in the list of countries under the "Nationality" field on e-visa application.

VK777

May 7, 2019
Yeah, seems like e-visa has not been started.. not very helpful! Entry Visa is an in-person visa (assuming BLS will open appointments for it now)
Just checked with BLS. Entry visa can be done completely by postal and not required to be in-person.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I think we will come to know in few hours about e-visa. As of now, Canada is not being shown in the list of countries under the "Nationality" field on e-visa application.
When they suspended Visa it took at least a day for CANADA to disappear from the country drop-down, so their co-ordination with IT is not that perfect. I too hope it magically reappears. My only hope is that HCI left out e-visa from its announcement only because it is not processed locally. Let's wait and see.

Reactions: Gagzgill

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
I do not think e-visa is getting started as they intentionally mentioned in press release that they have "partially" re-started the visa services (assuming exclusion of e-visa was intentional)

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I do not think e-visa is getting started as they intentionally mentioned in press release that they have "partially" re-started the visa services (assuming exclusion of e-visa was intentional)
Yes they have made it clear. Even headline of articles says - "some visa services"

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Just checked with BLS. Entry visa can be done completely by postal and not required to be in-person.
Gotcha.. They need original Canadian passport for it and surrender certificate as well as mandatory documents.. i believe minors with Canadian passports (but with parents with current or surrendered Indian passport) are allowed to apply

Reactions: Gagzgill

meghalshah

Nov 4, 2019
Hi ,I applied for oci application BLS send me back my application because place of birth is allowal,Punjabi on Indian passport and on Canadian passport it is Hoshiarpur,,India they need a affidavit for that one .I re-apply my canadian passport now it shows allowal India .I called BLS regarding that they said they still need a affidavit for that one .what I can do now any body suffer from this situation please suggest me what to do?
@mandesp: I had similar problem but my place of birth was same in both passports, spelling was different. I submitted affidavit saying both places are same just spelling different. If it is the same situation for you, then you need to get affidavit with explanation and clarifying two different names of place of birth in your passports.

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Please advise what should I do.. My OCI is in process with Ack 5th Oct (Vancouver consulate), Evisa in process since Sep 19th.. Travel date is Oct 27th (which I know is not possible until Evisa opens). But I really need to travel by 10th Nov atmost.. In this case should I apply for Entry Visa too? or not worth time money and efforts..

I am sending mails to Vancouver OCI office everyday but no response and as based in Edmonton, I have no other choice

Please advise

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Postal application for entry visa at this point works only for those not in a hurry, or those yet to make travel plans.
There are lots of people who booked tickets and made plans months ago for November or December, planning to apply for e-visa a later. Now they do not have the luxury of wasting a week to 10 days for BLS to look into a mailed-in OCI or entry-visa application, and then have it returned for some flimsy reason, or wait for the consulate to take 45 days to process it. That is why we've been seeing folks wait in line overnight at the BLS office hoping to get a walk-in token.

When people come here and tell why don't you apply by postal or use appointment, or (now) try to get an entry visa, they are missing the point. Great advice in normal times, these are not normal times.