+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

tatateagold

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017

mandesp

Oct 25, 2023
Hi ,I applied for oci application BLS send me back my application because place of birth is allowal,Punjabi on Indian passport and on Canadian passport it is Hoshiarpur,,India they need a affidavit for that one .I re-apply my canadian passport now it shows allowal India .I called BLS regarding that they said they still need a affidavit for that one .what I can do now any body suffer from this situation please suggest me what to do?

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
The HCI Ottawa announcement about resuming visa services doesn't mention e-visas specifically. Is it fair to assume e-visas are NOT in scope then? If yes, then this announcement doesn't help a lot of us here at all
Yeah, seems like e-visa has not been started.. not very helpful! Entry Visa is an in-person visa (assuming BLS will open appointments for it now)

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
You can try in emergency situation category which was not available before.
Visa under emergency was still available during suspension though they made it extremely hard for people to contact the consulate for it. It also took more than two a weeks for the very few people who got it done. In any case, only death or serious illness is considered an emergency and is not a useful category for most here whose travel plans were suddenly upended by the Visa suspension.

If we have to go back to BLS to for an entry Visa application and wait for a month to process it, this proposed move is pretty useless for most who are affected. Pretty lame.

Last edited:

meghalshah

Nov 4, 2019
Visa under emergency was still available during suspension though they made it extremely hard for people to contact the consulate for it. It also took more than two weeks for the very few people who got it done. In any case, only death or serious illness is considered an emergency and is not a useful category for most here whose travel plans were suddenly uppended by the Visa suspension.

If we have to go back to BLS to for an entry Visa application and wait for a month to process it, this proposed move is pretty useless for most who are affected. Pretty lame.
@eas2lv reopening Visa services might have impact on processing OCI files that is currently under process already. Do you think the same or different opinion?

Rimi90

Feb 27, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I have a question since entry visa is resumed, shall I apply for it or not suggestions, OCI is under process from 23 oct and travel date is 15 dec, I am very confused , please reply