+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
In-person/Postal - Copy is enough.
In-person, they verify and give it back.
Thanks for getting back so quickly. I am married and our Indian passport does not list us as spouses, in this case will it be ok to submit the copy of our marriage certificate instead ? i was married in Texas so does the marriage certificate needs to be notarized ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
In-person/Postal - Copy is enough.
In-person, they verify and give it back.
@Absinthetx if you are going in person to submit please carry all originals for verification. They will check at the counter and most likely give the documents back to you
For postal applications only send self attested copy of the supporting documents mentioned in the check list.

meghalshah

Nov 4, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Finally, OCI in my hand(now karlo duniya mutti mai). I was able to Pick it up in-person today 23rd October now Journey to motherland INIDA on 25th October so relieved :).

@farooq.ind : I picked up the OCI today and there was not a long Queue by the time I came out(~20 minutes) Queue was cleared.

@eas2lv : I really want to thank you and appreciate for the hard work of keeping track and maintaining tracker very well. You should be in IT as a "Project Manager" if you are not yet, you are very deserving. There are so many things you are doing diligently and effectively appreciate it whole heartedly. This will definitely help everyone checking here and advise people to share their status and process to alleviate anxiety and distress this is not only helpful but also compassionate to fellow Citizens.

I wish everyone all the best those who are waiting get their OCI. Hope everything will be completed sooner than expected.
@fshaik - Did you just create a ticket on BLS site to change your OCI pickup method from Courier to in-person? or Did you call BLS guys? I know they do not refund single penny but just checking if you had paid for courier already and they refunded your money in your case. Please advise

Terminator

Feb 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-10-2011
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
IELTS Request
08-05-2005
File Transfer...
08-01-2011
Med's Request
18-10-2003
Med's Done....
18-11-2010
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
12-03-2001
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2000
LANDED..........
06-04-2010
Thanks for getting back so quickly. I am married and our Indian passport does not list us as spouses, in this case will it be ok to submit the copy of our marriage certificate instead ? i was married in Texas so does the marriage certificate needs to be notarized ?
I would think that since Indian passports are already cancelled, the only thing which needs is matching information like names, DoB, PoB, parents name etc.

I dont think the marriage certificate copy needs to be notarized, but you can search more about this the BLS website, best is to call them, and ask the helpline, It may take a few minutes of wait to talk a person, but its worth it. Best is to call around afternoon in mid-week, as that time you would wait the least.

Once you have your answer, please update us on the forum as well.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Application Submitted to Vancouver Consulate:

Submitted to BLS in person: Oct 20th

Status on BLS for spouse: Processing at Consulate General
Status on OCI official website for Spouse: Under Process (Acknowledgement Oct 24th)

Status on BLS for minor child: Processing at Consulate General
Status on OCI official website for minor child: Doesn't show up

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Application Submitted to Vancouver Consulate:

Submitted to BLS in person: Oct 20th

Status on BLS for spouse: Processing at Consulate General
Status on OCI official website for Spouse: Under Process (Acknowledgement Oct 24th)

Status on BLS for minor child: Processing at Consulate General
Status on OCI official website for minor child: Doesn't show up
wow! How did you get Acknowledgment on OCI website within 4 days of Application date?

canbb

Mar 1, 2023
What does "Counter delivery to BLS center after OCI stamping" status mean as I see the status mentioned for the OCI application. Do I need to now go to BLS center or am I supposed to do anything next?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
What does "Counter delivery to BLS center after OCI stamping" status mean as I see the status mentioned for the OCI application. Do I need to now go to BLS center or am I supposed to do anything next?
It means BLS received the OCI from the consulate/high commission
It should say Ready for collection for you to go ahead and collect it from BLS

lumberman

Oct 24, 2023
I've applied through BLS postal through the Brampton branch. It's showing as `Processing at Consulate General` for several days now but there is no record found on the OCI website, what does this mean?

Also to add to the tracker:
Sent postal application on: 28th september
Ack'ed by BLS on: Oct 3rd
Saw Processing at Consulate General on BLS website on: Oct 10th (but could have happened earlier)

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I've applied through BLS postal through the Brampton branch. It's showing as `Processing at Consulate General` for several days now but there is no record found on the OCI website, what does this mean?

Also to add to the tracker:
Sent postal application on: 28th september
Ack'ed by BLS on: Oct 3rd
Saw Processing at Consulate General on BLS website on: Oct 10th (but could have happened earlier)
What is the application date shown on BLS site? Add 3 weeks from then to show up on OCI site (Ack).