Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
All entries in the tracker sheet without "postal" in the comment are walk-in. Including mine.
Is this sheet tracking only Toronto or Brampton as well?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone, i submitted passport for surrender earlier today and was trying to book a BLS appointment for OCI late november. Firstly is it fair to assume the surrender certificate will arrive in a month? Secondly, no appointments are available under OCI field until end of November, but there are few under passport. Can I book under passport? Has anyone else done this?
SC should come in a month if not earlier. Any type of appt. is fine. Its used only to get into the office.

Reactions: divdiv

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Hi Everyone, i submitted passport for surrender earlier today and was trying to book a BLS appointment for OCI late november. Firstly is it fair to assume the surrender certificate will arrive in a month? Secondly, no appointments are available under OCI field until end of November, but there are few under passport. Can I book under passport? Has anyone else done this?
I walked in at BLS Brampton on Sept 26th for renunciation and received the certificate in mail on 10th Oct. Hope this helps.

Reactions: divdiv and eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Lol same to you …. your projected dates are giving me hope though… do you think the upcoming dussehra/ Diwali holidays impacts consular timeline ? My flight is on Nov/29
I think it wouldn't as the "process" is just waiting out for security objections (or lack of it) and that's counted in Calendar days. But Consulate holidays could lead to a minor slow down, hopefully only by a couple of days.
I had done an analysis of what happened between October to November in 2022 and did not detect a noticeable change in timeline.
This doesn't account for increased volume of applications which is clearly affecting Ack. No idea how it will affect the rest of the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saps

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Lol same to you …. your projected dates are giving me hope though… do you think the upcoming dussehra/ Diwali holidays impacts consular timeline ? My flight is on Nov/29
Exact same day when I have my flight. And my app date is Oct 14th. I am still hopeful.

Reactions: Saps and eas2lv

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Postal application sent to BLS Surrey on Oct 6th received by them on 10th Oct, still on BLS tracking it shows "No records found". How many days it usually takes to get some status on BLS tracking?

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
@eas2lv can you please update the tracker for me.. OCI for my 2 minor kids:
Applications sent to BLS via postal: 10th Oct
Applications received by BLS Brampton: 11th Oct
Applications Receipt Acknowledgment: 13th Oct
Application Data Assigned by BLS: 19th Oct
Application Status changed to "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS Website: 20th Oct

Reactions: ps422 and eas2lv

SOORAJ

Jul 18, 2014
well India is playing the game by the rules, the Canadians being pained right now, should not vote in the stupids (and sons of stupids) who protect terrorists. may be then the diaspora politics playing politicians will learn some lessons.

also I do not like Canada being the lecturing self righteous uncle, who loves to stand on a pedestal and tell others how to manage their own homes.
Hello Sir, not Canada, we the Indians are suffering from these issues. Our politician doesn't care about what people are going through. They always get all the luxury and comfort and we stand in queue. At the end of the day, students from India and people of Indian origin are in a bad situation. Our plan was spoiled and we are losing money due to their decisions. Hope you are in the same situation, so learn from your experience, otherwise you just like a blind follower.

Ranbir.meet

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
OCI acknowledged :) Oct/20 Status : Under Process
Toronto Brampton postal - submission date : sep/26, bls app date : oct/4
More details are in the signature
I also applied my son’s OCI on September 26,2023 using postal method and BLS Surrey received the application on September 27,2023.But there is no update on the application yet.eh I tried to look for the status on both OCI website and BLS Vancouver Jurisdiction it says no such record found on both of these websites.Do you have any idea what does it mean?Also I called BLS customer care and they said we just create a request for the status update and you should expect some status on your application in 24/48 hours.but there is no update yet.

Ranbir.meet

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Postal application sent to BLS Surrey on Oct 6th received by them on 10th Oct, still on BLS tracking it shows "No records found". How many days it usually takes to get some status on BLS tracking?
My son’s minor application was sent on September 26,2023.There is no update yet on both the website.Please let me know when you hear anything about timelines or any update on your applied application.
Thank you.

Reactions: CABA

vizhuthombal

Oct 20, 2023
Hi all, I see this question was asked before but wanted to confirm as the replies seem to be from several years ago and I'm concerned that things may have changed in the interim.

I'm a Canadian citizen who was born in India and am applying for fresh OCI. I got Canadian citizenship in '03 and have my original cancelled Indian passport. Trying to clarify whether I need to send originals of my current Canadian passport, cancelled Indian passport (which has my landing paper in it), and citizenship certificate if I decide to mail instead of going to the center, as looks like it is basically impossible to get an appointment and walk-in was a nightmare.

Thanks!

Last edited:

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi all, I see this question was asked before but wanted to confirm as the replies seem to be from several years ago and I'm concerned that things may have changed in the interim.

I'm a Canadian citizen who was born in India and am applying for fresh OCI. I got Canadian citizenship in '03 and have my original cancelled Indian passport. Trying to clarify whether I need to send originals of my current Canadian passport, cancelled Indian passport (which has my landing paper in it), and citizenship certificate if I decide to mail instead of going to the center, as looks like it is basically impossible to get an appointment and walk-in was a nightmare.

Thanks!
Its has been answered again two days ago as well: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-1098#post-10640750

Reactions: vizhuthombal