Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi,
Does anyone know if for foreign born spouse OCI also take between 6-8 weeks for processing and interview? Does it take longer??

Also, for a foreign spouse that has great grand father born in India but no proof of ppt or birth certificate, do you think an affidavit testified by the grandfather saying his father was born in Indian would be accepted to apply for OCI ? Does it have to be a birth certificate and a passport?
For someone who applied recently in Toronto it took about 2 months for a foreign spouse OCI. Not that much slower than self-basis applicants.

For establishing connection to a deceased great grandfather, the applicant will need to get a nativity certificate from India which could be an involved process if the connection goes back to three generations. Much easier to apply on spousal basis.

Reactions: samjj2

8Everything

Nov 14, 2017
India
Hi @eas2lv , great initiative putting together a tracker :)

Here are my dates:

1. Applied - Sep 28, Toronto Application center, walk in
2. Acknowledged on OCI website - Oct 13, 2023

Will share updates when they're made available to me.

Cheers!

Reactions: eas2lv

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Does BLS take original documents like the Canadian passport while applying for the oci as walk-in?

Last edited:

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Does BLS take original documents like the Canadian passport while applying for the oci as walk-in?
They take originals from you to verify the application but do not "keep" them if that's what you mean. They return all originals right away.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
They take originals from you to verify the application but do not "keep" them if that's what you mean. They return all originals right away.
That's not always the case.
For some they have kept the cancelled Indian passport with them and returned by courier. For others they have kept the surrender certificate and returned.

They however are not going to keep any original Canadian issued documents.

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Yes that’s what I meant. All I am concerned with is if they keep the Canadian passport coz that means I will not be able to travel next week.