+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Wow, that's tense.. You're almost there, hope they send it out today.
If not already dispatched and it is Toronto BLS you can try to collect in person between 3 to 4:30pm. Not sure if they would agree but you can try if want.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Not sure they will allow the pickup . We tried calling them so many time but no response .
When I submitted my application at Toronto BLS and asked in case my OCI is delivered to BLS can I come to pickup. I was told they wont hold the document for me but if I can try to come between 3 to 4:30pm (M to F) and if they have not already handed the OCI to Purolator for dispatch, then I can collect it. And I should not ask for any courier refund.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
When I submitted my application at Toronto BLS and asked in case my OCI is delivered to BLS can I come to pickup. I was told they wont hold the document for me but if I can try to come between 3 to 4:30pm (M to F) and if they have not already handed the OCI to Purolator for dispatch, then I can collect it. And I should not ask for any courier refund.
Thank you so much !! I'll also give a try if they haven't dispatched it

Reactions: eas2lv and niswe

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
This is very useful info. I may be in this situation by end of next month.. Its a pity that BLS Toronto does not offer pickup any longer and forces us to use courier. I think their agreement with the consulate requires that pickup should be allowed and courier is an optional value-added service. We should try to see if we can get the consulate force them to re-instate pickup option.

Mazallstar

Jun 5, 2017
Not yet, This is what I see on the OCI Tracking website

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn05-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-OCT-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn06-OCT-2023

while I was typing this response, BLS website shows that it has been dispatched this morning so hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow.

Reactions: bulls23 and eas2lv

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
This is very useful info. I may be in this situation by end of next month.. Its a pity that BLS Toronto does not offer pickup any longer and forces us to use courier. I think their agreement with the consulate requires that pickup should be allowed and courier is an optional value-added service. We should try to see if we can get the consulate force them to re-instate pickup option.
Right now in my desperate situation I am okay they keep my courier fee, just allow me to pickup in person as soon they get OCI card.

If we ask for courier fee refund or flexibility to not to pay and pickup in person only, they may remove this flexibility and we will be in bigger trouble.

This is an argument which should be saved for future when we have alternative like eVisa.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Not yet, This is what I see on the OCI Tracking website

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn05-OCT-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn06-OCT-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn06-OCT-2023

while I was typing this response, BLS website shows that it has been dispatched this morning so hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow.
That's good news indeed.

Reactions: Mazallstar

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Right now in my desperate situation I am okay they keep my courier fee, just allow me to pickup in person as soon they get OCI card.

If we ask for courier fee refund or flexibility to not to pay and pickup in person only, they may remove this flexibility and we will be in bigger trouble.

This is an argument which should be saved for future when we have alternative like eVisa.
Agreed, we are pretty helpless right now. But this practice has been going on for long although the original tender by HCI did require collection facility and courier be optional. I do not know whether they got to negotiate different conditions.
That said, I'll put up with anything right now if they can at least be prompt in sending out documents they receive from the consulate. Same with postal applications that they are taking their sweet time to process and pass on to the consulate. They are also supposed to attend to telephone enquiries within a few minutes wait time.

Reactions: niswe

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016