+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

amarwah

May 13, 2017
Hello,
Did anyone submitted a notarized affidavit for place of birth difference between Indian and Canadian passport when submitting their OCI application recently? If so, can you please share the sample affidavit for the same.

Last edited:

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Quick question, i am not able to get apt in brampton or toronto but now montreal is available can i apply my oci there ??
You have to apply in the Jurisdiction under which your postal code falls. Try walk-in or postal application -- the latter will cause a delay of about a week for transit and processing at BLS, but avoids the uncertainty of long lineups and being turned away at walk-in on busy days.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,
Did anyone submitted a notarized affidavit for place of birth difference between Indian and Canadian passport when submitting their OCI application recently? If so, can you please share the sample affidavit for the same.
I did for my daughter's OCI application
Indian Passport - PoB - New Delhi
Canadian Passport - PoB - Delhi

This was draft was prepared by the notary, we reviewed it and notary then signed and certified it
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10311406

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I haven't paid for the courier.. i opted for the pickup service at bls. is there any timeline for that?
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/contact.php
Collection: 3:00 pm to 4:30pm, but plz go a little earlier as its first come first served and there might just quite a few people in for collection

In our case we submitted our applications and picked the OCI cards from Brampton. So we reached BLS by around 1:45/2:00 pm to find 5-10 people ahead of us. This was in Feb 2023.
In Brampton they allow pick only between Mon-Fri, so for Vancouver crosscheck with BLS if they will allow collections on Sat

Last edited: