+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Mickeyy

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
7th oct sat bls was working. Getting a bit anxious, would have preferred by hand pickup to avoid uncertainty, but bls said no, it has to be through purolator. Hoping to receive it by Wednesday 11th oct.
To my knowledge,BLS doesn’t open on Saturday. Not in Edmonton definitely, as I have gone through Edmonton BLS

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
To my knowledge,BLS doesn’t open on Saturday. Not in Edmonton definitely, as I have gone through Edmonton BLS
Some locations such as Brampton, Toronto, Ottawa are open on Saturday but not all. I doubt whether they dispatch on Saturday though - Purolator's weekend pickup service is very limited.

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi, Our Surrender certificate status is "Ready to dispatch" from 5th Oct. We sent our application through Canada Post and sent self addressed Canada post return envelopes along with the application/documents. Is it getting delayed to dispatch as we used Canada post return envelope ?
Has anyone used Canada post or any other courier service other than Purolator for return envelope earlier ? How long did the return take?

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hi,
Can you please add me to the google docs as well for Toronto.
I did postal application and was received on September 25. Showed up on BLS on Sept 26. Later when it went under process the application date changes to September 29.

Thank you.

Reactions: eas2lv

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi,
Can you please add me to the google docs as well for Toronto.
I did postal application and was received on September 25. Showed up on BLS on Sept 26. Later when it went under process the application date changes to September 29.

Thank you.
Thanks for the info.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi, Our Surrender certificate status is "Ready to dispatch" from 5th Oct. We sent our application through Canada Post and sent self addressed Canada post return envelopes along with the application/documents. Is it getting delayed to dispatch as we used Canada post return envelope ?
Has anyone used Canada post or any other courier service other than Purolator for return envelope earlier ? How long did the return take?
Hopefully you'll see dispatch status in a day or two.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Adult OCI applied in person at Toronto BLS on Sep 27th

Minor OCI applied in person at Toronto BLS on Oct 6th

No acknowledgment on OCI so far. Pls add these details to the google doc
Done.

Reactions: niswe

RupalK

Sep 21, 2023
@eas2lv Please add my record in the tracker

Postal application- Brampton delivered on Aug 24
BLS Tracker application date: Sep 1
Acknowledgement date : Sep 18
Current status : Under process

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
My friend visited FRRO and talked to immigration officer at Mumbai airport. Both said the same thing - Come to India on Indian passport, surrender passport at RPO, get exit permit from FRRO.

FRRO said exit permit usually takes 1 week to process, but if there is a delay in hearing back from Police or Election Commission,it could take more time.

About stay visa - FRRO officer said most likely it will not be required, but since it is a new situation for them as well, they are not sure. I have looked at the FRRO exit permits online. All of them have a field called "visa" which shows the visa on which you entered India. I am not sure what FRRO will put in that field for us.

I have decided to take the leap and travel to India. Hopefully, things go smoothly at every step.
At the time of applying exit permit in place of Visa you can upload N/A or a handwritten letter explaining the situation. For processing the application of exit permit it will take 10/15 days. If you want to stay in India after surrendering Indian Passport you have to apply for new visa and type of Visa would be X1.

AFRRO / Registration
FRRO, Kolkata

Shinda545

Sep 23, 2023
Any one from ottawa group git there approved today? I see some of you have completed 8 weeks today. Should see some approvals this week

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
At the time of applying exit permit in place of Visa you can upload N/A or a handwritten letter explaining the situation. For processing the application of exit permit it will take 10/15 days. If you want to stay in India after surrendering Indian Passport you have to apply for new visa and type of Visa would be X1.

AFRRO / Registration
FRRO, Kolkata
Perfect. Thank you for updating us with this info.

@nivaan5 Look at this.

ashwsh4

Jul 9, 2017
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what does this status mean: "Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping"
Does this mean ready for pick-up? or something else?