Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Nova Scotia
Do you know when the application was received in BLS and when they processed it for passing on to the consulate? Sometimes postal applications stall a few days at BLS and that could explain your delayed acknowledgement.
Others who got acknowledged same time as your have recently reached the "PROCESSED" stage. Expect to see some movement soon. Good luck.

Reactions: ZIWISHCan

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Hi guys need help.

1. I succesfully uploaded my 5 month baby's fingerprint on the application form. But what about the checklist at the "Details to be filled by the applicant". What to do here? Do I need to fill it up, scan it, paste my baby's fingerprint, print it again and then mail? That sounds like a lot of work. How to do this? Can parents sign this area instead of baby?
2. My baby is Canadian born. So the "Previous nationality of applicant" would be NA right? Asking because one of the BLS guides mentioned you need to mention India. Please help.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
@Neetit Did you apply in Toronto? Postal or in-person? I want to add you to my tracker if Toronto (Sep 23?).

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi guys need help.

1. I succesfully uploaded my 5 month baby's fingerprint on the application form. But what about the checklist at the "Details to be filled by the applicant". What to do here? Do I need to fill it up, scan it, paste my baby's fingerprint, print it again and then mail? That sounds like a lot of work. How to do this? Can parents sign this area instead of baby?
2. My baby is Canadian born. So the "Previous nationality of applicant" would be NA right? Asking because one of the BLS guides mentioned you need to mention India. Please help.
For 2, you or spouse were Indian when your baby was born?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes. We were both and we still have our Indian passports, Canadian PR
https://eoi.gov.in/eoisearch/MyPrint.php?11788?001/0030#:~:text=For obtaining Indian nationality, birth,Home Affairs, Government of India.

Maybe the BLS guide says it, as kid is eligible for Indian citizenship even though it got Canadian citizenship by birth.
A bit of technicality is involved. Also once kid turns 18, they can decide to keep one of it, so they have the privilege of dual citizenship till then.

According to me no harm going with the BLS guide. Others please help @Boviesam with this question as many in this forum would have done OCI application for a kid born in Canada.

Reactions: Boviesam

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Since most people's photos get rejected by BLS, I recommended my wife to get her photo clicked in the BLS office. But how does that work when submitting the online application? Given that it cannot be printed without uploading a photo, and it has to be the same one that I physically submit. Has anyone clicked the picture in BLS, and how did you manage the online application?

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
I made a table of recent Toronto/Brampton applications collected from posts here.. Pls suggest corrections/updates. The application date for postal ones are estimates of when BLS might have processed them for consistency with in-person ones. Apologies for any typos of user handles etc.

NameAppliedAck-edProcessedReceived
Info2211 Aug24 Aug5 Oct
rocky_143_2025 Aug8 Sep28 Sep
Jatt_Warrior25 Aug8 Sep29 Sep5 Oct
nikshit30 Aug13 Sep4 Oct
ashwsh431 Aug13 Sep5 Oct
kurtrules13 Sep5 Oct
Mazallstar1 Sep14 Sep5 Oct
singh_maninder`14 Sep5 Oct
ZIWISHCan7 Sep21 Sep
rizingphoenix8 Sep19 Sep
fshalk15 Sep28 Sep
Amandeep6218 Sep3 Oct
vipinalt21 Sep4 Oct
tarun11022 Sep5 Oct
RedWhiteRed22 Sep6 Oct
ranjeeth8723 Sep6 Oct
Retruitious23 Sep
somak200125 Sep
Terminator28 Sep
eas2lv4 Oct
Add mine please.

Postal application for new OCI, delivered on Oct-6

Reactions: Amandeep62

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Since most people's photos get rejected by BLS, I recommended my wife to get her photo clicked in the BLS office. But how does that work when submitting the online application? Given that it cannot be printed without uploading a photo, and it has to be the same one that I physically submit. Has anyone clicked the picture in BLS, and how did you manage the online application?
I guess BLS does it for you and charges a ton of money for it.

Simi_Sandhu

Oct 8, 2023
Document printing status- processed- 4th oct
Dispatched from New Delhi MEA oci- 5th oct
Document received at Vancouver- 5th oct
Document received at BLS after printing- 6th oct.
3 applications. No update since 6th oct. How long will they hold at BLS. It usually takes 1 day after dispatch status. But I don’t see any dispatch status. Our flight is booked for 16th oct.

Reactions: bulls23 and Mickeyy

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
3 applications. No update since 6th oct. How long will they hold at BLS. It usually takes 1 day after dispatch status. But I don’t see any dispatch status. Our flight is booked for 16th oct.
Did you choose courier option?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Give it a few working days for dispatch.

Reactions: Simi_Sandhu