Given name: Full name
Surname: Blank
Canadian Passport:
Given name: Blank
Surname: Full name
OCI:
Given name: ?????

Please reply , its urgent
If you search this thread you will find various suggestions based on what people have done in similar situations. But I would suggest to to call BLS to be sure. In my experience, BLS is very inconsistent about how name variations should be handled -- some agents insist on adding the Indian passport name as "previous" name even if you do not have a name change certificate. Some also need a notarized affidavit. And these requirements change frequently.

Your case is special as both names will read the same when written out in full --- unless Canadian passport has XXX in the first name field. Call them and ask.

Rachna12

Aug 1, 2023
Hello All
I was filling online application for my one year old son. I wanted to ask in Signature section, whose signature is to be uploaded?
you have to get a thumb expression on a piece of paper(left hand thumb for boys) and take a picture of that and then upload that in the signature section

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
you have to get a thumb expression on a piece of paper(left hand thumb for boys) and take a picture of that and then upload that in the signature section
And what about 9 year old kid?

GS gill

Apr 11, 2019
Just wanted to give updare to group - Vancouver mission
Applied 23 august
BLS received 29 Aug
Acknowedlgement 1 sept
Processed 7 oct as .
Hope its helps to others. I am also waiting for another family member with ACK 4 Oct.

Reactions: bulls23 and Mickeyy

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Do we have to submit clearance form?

It is located in BLS website (Vancouver jurisdiction) when we navigate in menu - OCI > Types of OCI > Fresh OCI > in the Forms tab by the name clearance format.

Can someone please confirm?

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just wanted to give updare to group - Vancouver mission
Applied 23 august
BLS received 29 Aug
Acknowedlgement 1 sept
Processed 7 oct as .
Hope its helps to others. I am also waiting for another family member with ACK 4 Oct.
Did you get the OCI in hand?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
And what about 9 year old kid?
In one of the many versions of BLS instructions/checklist out there they say
"Minor Applicants :
o If a minor cannot sign, using only blue or black ink, apply left thumb impression for boys and right for girls.
o Both parents must sign at end Part B even if not applying together."

Though this was for OCI misc services, I would think it would apply for new OCI as well. That said, check with BLS to be sure.

Punjabi121

Jan 19, 2021
Applied for OCI for my new born on sept 30 , trackinh shows processing at consulate general, anyone have any idea when i will get acknowledgement

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Applied for OCI for my new born on sept 30 , trackinh shows processing at consulate general, anyone have any idea when i will get acknowledgement
Depends on location. About 2 weeks in Toronto going by recent reports.

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
In one of the many versions of BLS instructions/checklist out there they say
"Minor Applicants :
o If a minor cannot sign, using only blue or black ink, apply left thumb impression for boys and right for girls.
o Both parents must sign at end Part B even if not applying together."

Though this was for OCI misc services, I would think it would apply for new OCI as well. That said, check with BLS to be sure.
Ok Thanks