+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Reactions: shlbatra

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Congrats :) Good to see OCI completion for Ottawa.

Now time for @sasharma25 @rizwan23arif @myindia @VimalSagar to see progress but there is a two week gap between @samdevban
date of acknowledgement and for other 4 in Ottawa.

Hope someone in between shares there timeline too :)

NameDate of AcknowledgementOCI received dateTotal processing time
@truthbetold21-JUL-202303-Oct-202310 weeks 4 days
@samdevban1-AUG-202305-Oct-20239 weeks 2 days
@sasharma2516-AUG-2023
@rizwan23arif16-AUG-2023
@myindia17-AUG-2023
@VimalSagar18-AUG-2023
@Shinda54522-AUG-2023
@bulls2323-AUG-2023
@forw.jane1-SEP-2023
@ankurbhatia1728-SEP-2023
holy cow. 10 weeks for Ottawa :( Looks like Everything is super slow in Ottawa.

You can add my data point. Walk in application. Date of Ack- 16 Sep

Reactions: forw.jane

shlbatra

Aug 22, 2017
Question regarding OCI Online Application - Do we need to put in Canadian or Indian Passport Number. Noticing conflicting information at different places.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Question regarding OCI Online Application - Do we need to put in Canadian or Indian Passport Number. Noticing conflicting information at different places.
When you apply for OCI, you would have already surrendered your Indian passport and it would have been given back to you cancelled. So that cancelled Indian passport won't be your ID for anything anywhere anymore.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Guys, the photograph section on the checklist mentions this below (highlighted). But when the online application is printed, it already has the uploaded photo on it. So, I don't understand where do I paste the physical photo then ?

"(j) Photograph One color photo as per below specification is required to be uploaded online with the OCI application. Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application form: i) Size – 2 inch x 2 inch(51 mm x 51 mm) ii) Background –Background should be plain white colored without borders iii) Clothes – Dark colour iv) Eyes – Open Please see the below link for the correctness of the Photograph. Cross check each and every example to confirm if it is matching with the required parameter of the Photograph. "

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Guys, the photograph section on the checklist mentions this below (highlighted). But when the online application is printed, it already has the uploaded photo on it. So, I don't understand where do I paste the physical photo then ?

"(j) Photograph One color photo as per below specification is required to be uploaded online with the OCI application. Photograph uploaded online must be the same as the physical photograph pasted on your OCI application form: i) Size – 2 inch x 2 inch(51 mm x 51 mm) ii) Background –Background should be plain white colored without borders iii) Clothes – Dark colour iv) Eyes – Open Please see the below link for the correctness of the Photograph. Cross check each and every example to confirm if it is matching with the required parameter of the Photograph. "
no need to paste the physical photo.
if you are doing an in person submission, hand it over the photo on the counter
if you are doing a postal application, include the photo in package in a small envelope inside the main package

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
no need to paste the physical photo.
if you are doing an in person submission, hand it over the photo on the counter
if you are doing a postal application, include the photo in package in a small envelope inside the main package
Appreciate it. thank you so much

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
can the photos of parents on NOC be any size? If that's so, I can save money and print the 4x5 photos myself from Staples.

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Question: I am not able to see any record on OCI website for my details. I submitted application on 22nd Sept. Does it mean that the application is still at Consulate General in Toronto? I see on BLS it says Processing at Consulate General.

Any input is appreciated.

ashwsh4

Jul 9, 2017

BLS will paste it for you.