+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

tetalks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2022
If I ain't wrong, the status will not change in the portal -- we have to check transit updates in the BLS site.

Sammzk

Aug 10, 2023
If I ain't wrong, the status will not change in the portal -- we have to check transit updates in the BLS site.
Yes, it wont change, now we need to check BLS website. I have a trip planned second week february, hopefully the OCI will be done..

kurtrules

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Hi everyone, I applied to renunciate indian passport at BLS Brampton (application date Sept 26th). How long would it be approximately until I get the certificate.
I have to apply for OCI immediately after since I have tickets to India booked for Nov 29th. Do you think I can still make it to India?
True account. My timeline @kalebhushan

1. Aug 5th: BLS Brampton Walkin (I had appointments booked) Surrender application for 3 people
2. Aug 24th: Received the surrender certificates
3. Aug 30th: BLS Brampton Walkin (Again, I had appointments booked in advance) OCI application for 3 people
4. Sept 13th: Acknowledgement
5. Oct 4th: OCI Printed, Sent to Toronto
6. Oct 11th: My assumption that the OCI documents will arrive home

So all in all 2 months and a week from surrender to OCI receiving, if everything goes well.
Still, Nov 29th, is a very tight deadline and most likely you will not be able to travel if you go the route I just described. However, I had 6 days between receiving the surrender docments and appointment booking for the OCI. If, somehow, you can land a date just after the day you receive your surrender documents, then maybe, just maybe you can get your OCI before the 29th.

But a lot of things have to go in your favor, including luck in appointment bookings, for you get your OCI before the 29th Nov.

Last edited:

Shinda545

Sep 23, 2023
Hi Guys,
Refreshing the OCI Ottawa pack.
We are all waiting ..

@truthbetold – 21-JUL-2023 - completed
@samdevban - 1-AUG-2023 - completed
@sasharma25 - 16th Aug - under process
@myindia - 17-AUG-2023
@VimalSagar - 18-AUG-2023
@Shinda545 – 22-AUG-2023
@bulls23 - 23-AUG-2023
@forw.jane - 1-SEP-2023
Let’s make sure we update each other. Seems like there is no one who applied for OCI in Ottawa(Montreal) between Aug 1-16th.
Any update form anyone else?
Anyone from ottawa pack got any update?

HaiRabba

Apr 18, 2023
BLS Walkin - Sep 27th
Now I can see date of acknowledgment on OCI website - Oct 5th
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

I hope they process same soon
Thanks for sharing the timeline and update.
Any idea how long it will take for the next update or for the OCI to print and process?

Positivevibes9

Apr 21, 2022
Can someone please provide me information. Nothing in my given name in Canadian passport. But for OCI application it's required if I put X in given name do I have to provide affidavit for it ? Would there be any problem in traveling if my OCi comes with X and passport without x ?

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
Guys, do photos need to have photographer stamp at the back? If not, I can probably click them with my own DSLR and have them printed from Walmart/Staples. Can't find anything relevant to this on BLS website. Please help.