+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ashwsh4

Jul 9, 2017
Yeah, that's what I am also getting. I don't think we will get a straight answer over email. Unless someone goes through the process, we will not know if it works. Can they hold us in India indefinitely? I mean, we are travelling to India legally. We are surrendering the passport on time. So, there has to be a way to travel back to Canada.
To travel back you would need Canadian passport and if the Canadian Embassy wraps up in India (and there is a possibility of that) then you could have a challenging time getting back.

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
To travel back you would need Canadian passport and if the Canadian Embassy wraps up in India (and there is a possibility of that) then you could have a challenging time getting back.
I'll get my Canadian passport in Canada itself before traveling to India. But yeah, the way things are progressing, things could change or become problematic anytime.

N@nda

Oct 3, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment26-SEP-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

My OCI application is saying under-process. I applied through postal services and on BLS application date is
Application Date2023-09-21

is it 6-8 weeks after date of acknowledgment we can expect some answers?
I have booked my flight to India on November 16th. So i am worried. I have applied the E-VISA the day India cancelled the Visa services.
Can someone please give me some inputs

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......

My OCI application is saying under-process. I applied through postal services and on BLS application date is

I have booked my flight to India on November 16th. So i am worried. I have applied the E-VISA the day India cancelled the Visa services.
I can understand the stress as you already have booked flight for your trip! Hopefully you get OCI by then.

I know another person who applied e-visa on the same day it was suspended. They also didn't hear anything about it.

Do you mind telling when your application reached BLS?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Finally Date of Acknowledgment : Oct 03
Submitted Sept 18 Walking Brampton Location.
Probably a silly question - just wanted to know if you have been checking since morning and it has just got updated for acknowledgement date? Trying to understand if it update comes during Canada time or India time..

Reactions: Amandeep62

HaiRabba

Apr 18, 2023

Thanks for sharing. I have my flight booked for this month. Let's hope for the best for everyone. :)

N@nda

Oct 3, 2023
I can understand the stress as you already have booked flight for your trip! Hopefully you get OCI by then.

I know another person who applied e-visa on the same day it was suspended. They also didn't hear anything about it.

Do you mind telling when your application reached BLS?

It reached on 19th of September 2023

Reactions: krishere1982

Amandeep62

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Probably a silly question - just wanted to know if you have been checking since morning and it has just got updated for acknowledgement date? Trying to understand if it update comes during Canada time or India time..
I checked in morning it was no record found around 9.30 as I start work and first this i check everyday. And just tried again like just now it shows now under process on OCI website.

Reactions: niswe

GS gill

Apr 11, 2019
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn28-SEP-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn28-SEP-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn28-SEP-2023

Unfortunately still no update on BLS yet :(

Anyone in the same boat?
When did you apply? And which is you office?

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
They have returned my mail application due too some minor errors.
On a paper; they have mentioned not to send originals expect draft and photgraph.
Now my question is; when i correct the error, do i have to send originals or not? I just dont want them to return again saying the originals are missing.