+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Hello everyone, I applied for OCI renewal due to name change, I did walk in at BLS EDMONTON on 09 Aug 2023 and below are current status, I opted to pickup OCI from BLS Edmonton, Anyone have any idea when I should be able to pickup? Will they call or msg me?

Status on OCI Website:

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-SEP-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn27-SEP-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn27-SEP-2023

Status on BLS:
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)

Reactions: Mickeyy

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone, I applied for OCI renewal due to name change, I did walk in at BLS EDMONTON on 09 Aug 2023 and below are current status, I opted to pickup OCI from BLS Edmonton, Anyone have any idea when I should be able to pickup? Will they call or msg me?

Status on OCI Website:

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn27-SEP-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn27-SEP-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn27-SEP-2023

Status on BLS:

(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
You should wait till the status on BLS changes to "Ready for Collection"

There is no call or msg.

Reactions: ilikesnow

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
I applied on Sep 27th and status is underprocess on BLS site and my tickets are booked for Oct 27th :( Hope they open Evisa soon which is also in processing for me :(
When did you apply for eVisa? I applied on Sep 21st same day when this all started and no status available for me.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I applied on Sep 27th and status is underprocess on BLS site and my tickets are booked for Oct 27th :( Hope they open Evisa soon which is also in processing for me :(
I’m afraid this will take a lot of time to resolve.
a situation which resulted in Canadian’s not being allowed visa on arrival happened in UAE in 2010-2011. That took a good 2-3 years to resolve. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–United_Arab_Emirates_relations
I’m not trying to say that it will take similar amount of time but these diplomatic tiffs does take a lot of time to get resolved.
Btw when is the next Federal elections in Canada ?

Last edited:

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
Go to Indian High commission website for your area and there you can find email of most officers, I emailed everyone explaining my same situation and within 2-3 days all of my OCI Renewal process was completed. I'm not sure it was just a coincidence or happened because of email.

Be respectful in email and explain your whole situation, attach tickets etc, best of luck.

Last edited:

Bani_sg

Jan 2, 2019
Go to Indian High commission website for your area and there you can find email of most officers, I emailed everyone explaining my same situation and within 2-3 days all of my process was completed. I'm not sure it was just a coincidence or happened because of email.

Be respectful in email and explain your whole situation, attach tickets etc, best of luck.
Hey - by process completed - do you mean they expedited your OCI or issued you an e-visa?

ranjeeth87

Aug 19, 2015
Go to Indian High commission website for your area and there you can find email of most officers, I emailed everyone explaining my same situation and within 2-3 days all of my process was completed. I'm not sure it was just a coincidence or happened because of email.

Which process, is it OCI or Evisa. When did you apply..

reenal

Apr 2, 2016

What was the process? Also how long did it take for your process?

niswe

Apr 5, 2017

Are you a Canadian citizen and then got help with eVisa or OCI? If you are non Canadian and tried for Indian visa, then it would be processed for you as suspension is only for Canadian citizens.