AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
Purolator is scheduled to pick up the documents from my residence tomorrow morning for my OCI application. I have self attested all photo copies of the documents. Can someone please confirm if i need to send originals along with my application? The citizenship certificate in particular concerns me since it takes 9 months to get a new one.

dont mind sending the cancelled indian passport or the canadian passport since i can always get a new one fairly quickly.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Purolator is scheduled to pick up the documents from my residence tomorrow morning for my OCI application. I have self attested all photo copies of the documents. Can someone please confirm if i need to send originals along with my application? The citizenship certificate in particular concerns me since it takes 9 months to get a new one.

dont mind sending the cancelled indian passport or the canadian passport since i can always get a new one fairly quickly.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-982#post-10618101

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Just dropped off my OCI application at Purolator. Didn't want to wait until they come and pick up tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Care to elaborate on this part?

“dont mind sending the cancelled indian passport or the canadian passport since i can always get a new one fairly quickly.”

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
For those mailing their applications in, there are three parts of the payment - 1. Pick Up, 2. Express Drop Off, and 3. Original Drop Off. Since we're not mailing in originals and only self-attested copies - is there any way not to pay the extra $30 for Original Drop Off? Or should I just consider that as a sunk cost towards the OCI?

Tagging @abbas.pasha since you're the one who seems to know the best!

j.pallavi16

Feb 11, 2022
Hi!
1. Sorry if this has been asked and answered but can someone please let me know if we need to send any originals (Canadian passport and birth certificate) for OCI application of our minor child?
2. We have tickets for India for Nov 9. If we apply for OCI in the next 2 days, is there a chance we'll get it before our flight? We live in the GTA.

antman88

Feb 16, 2022
Hi!
1. Sorry if this has been asked and answered but can someone please let me know if we need to send any originals (Canadian passport and birth certificate) for OCI application of our minor child?
2. We have tickets for India for Nov 9. If we apply for OCI in the next 2 days, is there a chance we'll get it before our flight? We live in the GTA.
No originals are required - self attested copies are fine. About the timeline, the standard processing time is 6-8 weeks, going by that - you may not get your OCIs by the time you fly. I haven't read of anyone getting it in 4 weeks, unless I missed someone's post here.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi!
For pt 2 it's too tight. People are getting acknowledgement of there application in 2 weeks. Keep an eye on the forum for GTA timelines.

j.pallavi16

Feb 11, 2022
No originals are required - self attested copies are fine. About the timeline, the standard processing time is 6-8 weeks, going by that - you may not get your OCIs by the time you fly. I haven't read of anyone getting it in 4 weeks, unless I missed someone's post here.
Appreciate your response. Thank you!