+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all,

In
- he is saying 1 draft for consulate and another for BLS.

But in the instructions for Vancouver consulate, fees section, there is no mention of 2 drafts :

"(i) Fees: Fresh OCI CAD $ 345 /- Miscellaneous OCI (re-issue of OCI) CAD $ 35/- OCI in-lieu of Lost / Damaged OCI / PIO to OCI CAD $ 128/- Note: 1. The above is excluding service fee, courier charges and charges for other value-added services provided by BLS. Please add CAD $7.40 and (return courier charges if applicable) with the fee. Walk in applicants can pay the fee by debit or cash. Applicants sending applications by mail should include demand draft or Canadian Money Order in favor of BLS International Services Inc. 2. Fees once paid will not be returned in any case."

Can someone who mailed their OCI application to Vancouver consulate please clarify if 1 draft or 2 drafts are needed for the fees?

Thank you.
Ottawa and Toronto only accept draft for in-person but Vancouver accepts Debit card. Every office have their own different way of accepting payment, so you have to follow what's mentioned in the link. You can use the youtube video for general understanding purpose but follow the official BLS link for payment info.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Ottawa and Toronto only accept draft for in-person but Vancouver accepts Debit card. Every office have their own different way of accepting payment, so you have to follow what's mentioned in the link. You can use the youtube video for general understanding purpose but follow the official BLS link for payment info.
I am going to mail my OCI application to the Vancouver consulate as I am in SK. I have to send draft for the fees.

I will get 1 draft for 345 + 7.40 payable to BLS as that is what is mentioned in the https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf

Thanks!

Reactions: forw.jane

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I submitted 1 physical picture with each of the 3 applications the postal OCI application? But I read people needed 2 pictures at walk-in. I had called them before sending and they mentioned 1 picture. Will they return all 3 applications? Any ideas what is the ask ? So much confusion with BLS man
I'm sorry to say that the two photographs for walk-in seems more about employment generation for the BLS guy with the photo printer than anything else. In addition to asking for an extra photo, they dug deep and were inspired to ask for my marriage certificate (I was applying for OCI after surrendering my own Indian passport, my spouse has never had an Indian passport). I think most people are just happy to pay for unnecessary services and leave rather than argue.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They would never roll out the evidence. This is all appeasement politics and to distract from the ongoing problems like Inflation, Housing, Gender etc in the country

https://www.reuters.com/world/canadas-trudeau-wants-india-cooperate-murder-probe-wont-release-evidence-2023-09-21/
I was right when I said on Thursday "there is more to the story" , without international allies backing Canada would not have done so, as per yesterdays media reports on US and allies (Five Eyes) intelligence which had shared the evidence and. information with Canada. Link below

https://www.reuters.com/world/shared-intelligence-five-eyes-informed-trudeaus-india-allegation-ctv-news-2023-09-23/

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
I was right when I said on Thursday "there is more to the story" , without international allies backing Canada would not have done so, as per yesterdays media reports on US and allies (Five Eyes) intelligence which had shared the evidence and. information with Canada. Link below

https://www.reuters.com/world/shared-intelligence-five-eyes-informed-trudeaus-india-allegation-ctv-news-2023-09-23/
Oh darn . . This means it is going to take much longer to resolve this issue.. good bye to India trip and my non refundable tickets I guess!

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
I was wondering if someone can shed some light on the process of postal application for an OCI. Per BLS checklist, they asked for originals and copies of the foreign and Indian passport as well as the citizenship certificate. I'm ok sending the original cdn passport but feel uneasy sending the citizenship certificate since one can't get a new one if lost. Has anyone sent in these original documents and got them back without any issues?

Also, do they only accept applications delivered by Purolator? Their website says, if you're sending a fresh app use pickup and drop for which they're charging $93. I found this charge a daylight robbery cuz the application is getting picked up and delivered within the GTA. Is there a workaround this? I'd appreciate if someone who's gone/going through this process can share his/her experience.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I was wondering if someone can shed some light on the process of postal application for an OCI. Per BLS checklist, they asked for originals and copies of the foreign and Indian passport as well as the citizenship certificate. I'm ok sending the original cdn passport but feel uneasy sending the citizenship certificate since one can't get a new one if lost. Has anyone sent in these original documents and got them back without any issues?

Also, do they only accept applications delivered by Purolator? Their website says, if you're sending a fresh app use pickup and drop for which they're charging $93. I found this charge a daylight robbery cuz the application is getting picked up and delivered within the GTA. Is there a workaround this? I'd appreciate if someone who's gone/going through this process can share his/her experience.
In-person is better if you can manage that.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015

To answer part one of your question, you do not need to send in any original. Just self attested copies including signature and date. I just sent in my package and the BLS phone lady said only copies required.

Second part, I am not sure. I just did the purolator with BLS and paid the $93. Just to be on the safe side just used their courier service.

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
To answer part one of your question, you do not need to send in any original. Just self attested copies including signature and date. I just sent in my package and the BLS phone lady said only copies required.

Second part, I am not sure. I just did the purolator with BLS and paid the $93. Just to be on the safe side just used their courier service.
Appreciate your response. I will do the same and will use their courier to be on the same side like you said.

Has your app been accepted and in processing? Did you have to do two drafts for the fee - one for embassy and other for BLS?

Big Boy

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
In-person is better if you can manage that.
I did make the drive to Brampton BLS but stood in line for 2.5 hours and it didn't move at all. Security told us that they're only taking about 5-10 people a day from the walk-in line and that based on their hours of 8am - 1pm. The priority is given to appts which is around 340 a day.

I don't know if I Toronto BLS is any better. Did you try the walk-in recently?

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Appreciate your response. I will do the same and will use their courier to be on the same side like you said.

Has your app been accepted and in processing? Did you have to do two drafts for the fee - one for embassy and other for BLS?
It is going to reach on Monday. Yes, I did 2 drafts.