LANDED..........
30-05-2019
Hi, our 3 OCI applications show the below status:

BLS Portal Status:
14 Aug: Postal application sent to Brampton
15 Aug: Received at BLS
17 Aug: BLS status application received
22 Aug: Two statuses: Both under process
21 Sep: Two statuses: Dispatched via Courier (delivered Original docs)

OCI Enquiry Website:
1 Sep: Date of Acknowledgement

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-SEP-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Not sure when will the other statuses get updated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: SumiMetal666

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
What's the office you applying to? If Ottawa they take the maximum available processing time i.e. 12 weeks. So if you take Oct 18 as start date you should have OCI tentatively by mid or end of Jan. Christmas and all other holidays may add extra processing days too.

You cannot apply for surrender and OCI at the same time
Surrender first (4 weeks)
OCI (6-8 weeks)
Some might get it earlier others might take longer than the above timelines
But you need to factor in the present scenario all this “might” take a bit more wrt processing
Thank you once again. I'll be applying in Toronto. But as I learned now, we have to surrender first (4 weeks) and then OCI (6-8 weeks)

So, revised timeline would be -

1. Oath on Oct 11
2. Citizenship certificate by Oct 13
3. Canadian passport by Oct 17
4. Passport surrender on Oct 18
5. Surrender certificate by Nov 18
6. OCI by mid January

This is the a realistic possible scenario, right?

jmmj

Mar 13, 2012
Thank you once again. I'll be applying in Toronto. But as I learned now, we have to surrender first (4 weeks) and then OCI (6-8 weeks)

1. Oath on Oct 11
6. OCI by mid January

Yes, this looks like a more realistic scenario. You might get the surrender certificate earlier. I got mine in 15 days from the date of my application. But, if you are creating a timeline, it is best to go by the processing time mentioned on the BLS website, which is 4 weeks for surrender certificate and 6-8 weeks for OCI.

nick.192

Sep 23, 2023
i have applied on sept 5th and Acknowledgement sept 15th. Its for OCI renwal. Anyone in the same situation. And anyone got the OCI number on the website before this acknowledgement date.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

1. Oath on Oct 11
6. OCI by mid January

It’s a realistic scenario provided
You get appointments (for surrender and OCI) to go and submit in time and processing for surrender and OCI has not changed for worse

Look for appointments for Surrender and OCI in both Toronto and Brampton locations
Plan in a way that you get surrender appointment on Oct 18 and the OCI appointment by Nov 24
(OCI documentation has a lot of maatha pacchi :D)

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Abas,
I submitted my application for Surrender certificate at surrey office but I realized I did not sign the photocopies and BLS employee did not ask me either to sign. Please advise if self attesting is mandatory ?? Will consulate general office Vancouver still my surrender application being photocopies not self attested?
Hey Bhagwaan :eek: (ye tune kya kiya)
Usually BLS and CGI Vancouver are usually reasonable. What is the status do you see on the BLS and on the Surrender application site ?

Mjotsin

Sep 24, 2023
Hey Bhagwaan :eek: (ye tune kya kiya)
Usually BLS and CGI Vancouver are usually reasonable. What is the status do you see on the BLS and on the Surrender application site ?
I just submitted Friday, so status says under process. Bls said they will dispatch on Monday.
So should I go back again tomorrow morning to BlS before they dispatch. Or call them first, I did sign the checklist and form but just missed photocopies

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I just submitted Friday, so status says under process. Bls said they will dispatch on Monday.
So should I go back again tomorrow morning to BlS before they dispatch. Or call them first, I did sign the checklist and form but just missed photocopies
Just call them first. If they ask you to provide them the documents then only go

Imho, if they have accepted your application over the counter they would have looked through those details themselves.

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yes, this looks like a more realistic scenario. You might get the surrender certificate earlier. I got mine in 15 days from the date of my application. But, if you are creating a timeline, it is best to go by the processing time mentioned on the BLS website, which is 4 weeks for surrender certificate and 6-8 weeks for OCI.

You cannot apply for surrender and OCI at the same time
Surrender first (4 weeks)
OCI (6-8 weeks)
Some might get it earlier others might take longer than the above timelines
But you need to factor in the present scenario all this “might” take a bit more wrt processing

It’s a realistic scenario provided
You get appointments (for surrender and OCI) to go and submit in time and processing for surrender and OCI has not changed for worse

Look for appointments for Surrender and OCI in both Toronto and Brampton locations
Plan in a way that you get surrender appointment on Oct 18 and the OCI appointment by Nov 24
(OCI documentation has a lot of maatha pacchi :D)
Thank you both, helps me in planning my oath and travel better.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

In
- he is saying 1 draft for consulate and another for BLS.

But in the instructions for Vancouver consulate, fees section, there is no mention of 2 drafts :

"(i) Fees: Fresh OCI CAD $ 345 /- Miscellaneous OCI (re-issue of OCI) CAD $ 35/- OCI in-lieu of Lost / Damaged OCI / PIO to OCI CAD $ 128/- Note: 1. The above is excluding service fee, courier charges and charges for other value-added services provided by BLS. Please add CAD $7.40 and (return courier charges if applicable) with the fee. Walk in applicants can pay the fee by debit or cash. Applicants sending applications by mail should include demand draft or Canadian Money Order in favor of BLS International Services Inc. 2. Fees once paid will not be returned in any case."

Can someone who mailed their OCI application to Vancouver consulate please clarify if 1 draft or 2 drafts are needed for the fees?

Thank you.