+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm planning to send the OCI application for myself and my kid by mail. Can someone kindly point me to the "how-to", payments and amounts? Thanks!
You need to first make Bank drafts (money order To BLS) and send those in your mail

zeninmaking

Jul 18, 2018
You need to first make Bank drafts (money order To BLS) and send those in your mail
Thank you! Could you please provide more details as to how much the draft should be for and adult and for a toddler? If there is a page that I can read through could you please point me to it? I couldn't find anything on BLS site

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Maybe Joe Biden and Israel has pushed him to do so, I don't think Trudeau was this brave to take this stand on his own without some backing, there could be more to the story.
Well, I think the NDP leader has pushed him to do so. If he wont, the government would collapse in no time. Connect the dots ;)

Reactions: hope2018

samdevban

Apr 21, 2023
OCI Application status for our little one:

OCI Application Submitted at BLS Montreal (Walk-In)26-JUL-2023
Application Acknowledgement Date (ociservices)1-AUG-2023
Current StatusUNDER-PROCESS

Hopefully, it goes through amid all the negativity as we have travel plans in Nov.

Reactions: VimalSagar

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
I would advise everyone to immediately apply for things they are taking applications for, even if you don't need it right now, just apply, because once Canadian govt roll out the evidence to public and media, high chances BLS will get Closed for many months.

Also there will be huge lineups outside BLS, make sure you arrive there by midnight 2AM and lineup for next day. They take only first 18-20 people in line everyday as they close there doors at 1.30PM (average people to get in are always around first 20 in line, rest are sent back to line up for next day)
My citizenship oath is on 26th. How can I apply for OCI before the oath? Can I apply right after oath?

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
you have a long time mate. First you need to apply for Canada passport, then surrender Indian passport and then comes OCI
So does the process of application for OCI start simultaneously AS we surrender the Indian passport?

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hey guys, anyone know if they are still accepting applications for Surrender Certificate and OCI? Or have they suspended these services alongside visas for Indians?

sujaysuresh27

Star Member
May 10, 2023
I have my OCI application submitted and under process.
My wife has just applied for her Canadian passport and needs to get surrender+OCI in the near future.
Hoping they resume services again :(
Who knew India and Canada would get into a geopolitical war! Very sad indeed.

Sep 6, 2023
My wife has just applied for her Canadian passport and needs to get surrender+OCI in the near future.
Exactly its only people of Indian origin are gonna suffer from this stupid decision.

mtlcanada

Star Member
May 17, 2019
@abbas.pasha @forw.jane
Please can you help me.
Do I need to make two DDs for OCI? (Ottawa)
If so how much should be each for 345$ and payable n favour of whom?
I’m not sure I understand the website info.
The checklist asks for only one DD to be made in favour of “High Commission of India, Ottawa” is this enough?
TIA

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Spoke with the BLS office in Brampton today and they confirmed they are still accepting and processing OCI and Passport Surrender applications.

I hope the current situation does not delay the processing times though.