+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

NavO3

Aug 13, 2020
Hello,
my date of acknowledgement is 17 august 2023 but its still says under process on oci website. any idea how long it can take to get processed? (Vancouver mission)
Mine is august 15, 2023
Its still under process
Any idea if we can contact them?

binder243

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Update!!!!

Date Of Acknowledgment15-AUG-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn16-SEP-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn16-SEP-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn16-SEP-2023

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

VimalSagar

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hello,
my date of acknowledgement is 17 august 2023 but its still says under process on oci website. any idea how long it can take to get processed? (Vancouver mission)

Hi,

Mine is the same Date of Acknowledgement is: 18-AUG-2023 and still under process. I have applied from Montreal, so mine office is High Commission of India (HCI), Ottawa.

VimalSagar

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hello All,

Is there anybody over here who applied to OCI from Montreal (HCI, Ottawa) and awaiting ?
Just wanted know about timeline, Because I have applied on date: 11-AUG-2023 and its shows on OCI website as Date of Acknowledge is: 18-AUG-2023.

Please share your timeline if possible guys thanks.

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Hello All,

Is there anybody over here who applied to OCI from Montreal (HCI, Ottawa) and awaiting ?
Just wanted know about timeline, Because I have applied on date: 11-AUG-2023 and its shows on OCI website as Date of Acknowledge is: 18-AUG-2023.

Please share your timeline if possible guys thanks.
Date of Acknowledgement: 17th August
Applied from Ottawa
Still under process

Reactions: VimalSagar

karianna

Jun 12, 2015
Walkin: Toronto BLS

Application Date(BLS site) 12-AUG- 2023

OCI portal
Date Of Acknowledgment 24-AUG-2023
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 14-SEP-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 14-SEP-2023
Document received At TORONTO On 14-SEP-2023

BLS site
(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping) 15-Sep-2023
OCI card ready for dispatch 16-SEP-2023

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
Can the OCI card be sent via international mail from Canada to India? Has anyone done it successfully?

If I apply for the OCI card in Toronto, but need to travel to India (on an e-visa on the Canadian Passport) right after that, can I request someone to mail (post) the OCI card after BLS delivers it to my Toronto address? Is this legal to do, and is it safe (i.e. customs on both sides are okay with it) to do? Thanks.

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hi everyone,
Hoping someone can help me out.
I am applying for OCI, I already did the surrender of Indian passport.
Can I apply for OCI for my wife and child at the same time?? We are married for more than 2 years as the requirement.
For filling out my wife’s form, I start a need application on the OCI services, the place we get stuck is at when it asks if my wife is applying through Indian spouse so we choose yes but then it asks about my OCI card number and issue date, which I don’t have one yet.
I am not sure how to go about it if I want to apply for OCI for my self who is originally Indian but Canadian passport holder and my wife and child are Canadian.
I would appreciate if someone can guide me on this matter.

Thank you very much.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Can the OCI card be sent via international mail from Canada to India? Has anyone done it successfully?

If I apply for the OCI card in Toronto, but need to travel to India (on an e-visa on the Canadian Passport) right after that, can I request someone to mail (post) the OCI card after BLS delivers it to my Toronto address? Is this legal to do, and is it safe (i.e. customs on both sides are okay with it) to do? Thanks.
When you enter India on a visa you will have to exit on the same visa.
You can only use OCI upon re-entry to India.

Last edited:

destiny2016

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Canada
When enter India on a visa you will have to exit on the same visa.
You can only use OCI upon rentery to India.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I plan to enter and exit India on the same e-visa on the Canadian Passport.

My concern was whether the posting (mailing) of the OCI card is allowed from Canada to India? I will use the OCI card only on re-entry to India as you have suggested.