+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
so you just submitted the draft letter with details and NOT the one which employer provides on letterhead?
Yes, I didn’t get any employer letter for this. Just a simple formal letter by me with the above information and my signature and contact info at the bottom.

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
@abbas.pasha Sir

I see this update
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn23-AUG-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn24-AUG-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn24-AUG-2023

Any approximate timeline by when will BLS dispatch it to me? I was going out of country for vacation tomorrow. Now I am wondering what options do I have if I am not available to accept the OCI from Purolator?
Any ideas?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha Sir

I see this update

Any approximate timeline by when will BLS dispatch it to me? I was going out of country for vacation tomorrow. Now I am wondering what options do I have if I am not available to accept the OCI from Purolator?
Any ideas?
You should get this by early next week if not tomorrow.
Once Purolator tries to deliver the OCI and you are not at home, they will put a note to collect from Purolator designated office within 5 business day. After which it will be returned back to BLS center from where you need to pick up.
contact Purolator imo to discuss if they can hold on to it till you return and them to schedule the delivery accordingly.

st7480

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
Quick question regarding OCI application....
My parents are both US Citizens now and my spouse has acquired Canadian Citizenship.

Under "Applicant's Family Details" what do I fill for parents and spouse's nationality? Is it based on Indian passport or current nationality, which would be US and Canada respectively?

Thanks in advance.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Quick question regarding OCI application....
My parents are both US Citizens now and my spouse has acquired Canadian Citizenship.

Under "Applicant's Family Details" what do I fill for parents and spouse's nationality? Is it based on Indian passport or current nationality, which would be US and Canada respectively?

Thanks in advance.
Current nationality...

OldH1B

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Thanks Abbas. I called BLS and they insisted till the time in BLS systems it shows out for delivery they cannot help any how.
I have 3 applications. one of three is already picked up by Purolator and says delivery Monday.

BLS as usual was ready to sell me another shipping label for a reattempted delivery.

I will call Purolator and see if they can help

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
@abbas.pasha Sir

I see this update

Any ideas?
Mine was supposed to be delivered today but Purolator tracking shows that they missed delivery. Once it goes to their location, you should have an option with the tracking number to request hold at location for you to go and pick up.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks Abbas. I called BLS and they insisted till the time in BLS systems it shows out for delivery they cannot help any how.
I have 3 applications. one of three is already picked up by Purolator and says delivery Monday.

BLS as usual was ready to sell me another shipping label for a reattempted delivery.

I will call Purolator and see if they can help
purolator ko bolo... bhai aayega lene ke liye.. kya OCI ;)

Seemaraj

Apr 6, 2015
Date Of Acknowledgment15-AUG-2023

First time oci application submitted to BLS Surrey as Postal application.
Courier confirmation: July 14, 2023
Status update on BLS: Application received on July 20, 2023
Date Of Acknowledgment: July 25, 2023

Registration Status at Mission: VANCOUVER

Documents Printing Status: PROCESSED on 25 AUG-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI on 26-AUG-2023
Document received At VANCOUVER On
26-AUG-2023

Reactions: Meetamera naam

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Does anyone know the current processing trends for surrender certificate.