+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
I am applying OCI for self and wife and we both are India born. I selected relationship as self as proof of Indian roots.

I see it asking below documents for uploading.

-indian Visa
-Joint declaration of subsisting of marriage
-PIO card
-relationship certificate
-spouse OCI card

Are these all mandatory or I shall upload only the ones that are relevant?

She doesnt have PIO and I dont have OCI yet. Not sure why it is asking those.

Or I messed up while filling the application?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am applying OCI for self and wife and we both are India born. I selected relationship as self as proof of Indian roots.

I see it asking below documents for uploading.

-indian Visa
-Joint declaration of subsisting of marriage
-PIO card
-relationship certificate
-spouse OCI card

Are these all mandatory or I shall upload only the ones that are relevant?

She doesnt have PIO and I dont have OCI yet. Not sure why it is asking those.

Or I messed up while filling the application?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797

Reactions: anksyahoo

Mazallstar

Jun 5, 2017
Hi All, I am starting the OCI process and would like help on the below, apologies if these questions were asked in the past however I could not find the answers in the forum
  1. Do we need to have an appointment to submit the application in person?
  2. Do we need an appointment for walk in applications? If No then can someone please share their experience. What time to arrive and what to expect? Any tips would be much appreciated
  3. Do we need to submit original documents (citizenship certificate etc….)
  4. Is there a post here which outlines the Step by step instructions on filling out the application and documents that are required for OCI application (Apart from the checklist available on the OCI website)
Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated!

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Hello Team, for OCI application, if I am unemployed what would be the employer section ? Will it impact the application? How do I fill that because there is no unemployed option in drop down.

PraneethR

Aug 24, 2023
Status update
My acknowledgement date is 27 July and status is UNDER PROCESS
Dose any one has same or later acknowledgement date and application processed??
Any update on Acknowledgment? Can you please update the current status. Mine was applied on Aug 3rd, Still under process.

PraneethR

Aug 24, 2023
Similar ^
OCI application on Aug 5th. ( walk in - Brampton BLS)
Status still shows "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS website
OCI website it says NO SUCH Record
I think, I read in the previous posts that it could take upto 8-10 business days to reflect application status on OCI site.
Any update on Acknowledgment? Can you please update the current status. Mine was applied on Aug 3rd, Still under process./

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All, I am starting the OCI process and would like help on the below, apologies if these questions were asked in the past however I could not find the answers in the forum
  1. Do we need to have an appointment to submit the application in person?
  2. Do we need an appointment for walk in applications? If No then can someone please share their experience. What time to arrive and what to expect? Any tips would be much appreciated
  3. Do we need to submit original documents (citizenship certificate etc….)
  4. Is there a post here which outlines the Step by step instructions on filling out the application and documents that are required for OCI application (Apart from the checklist available on the OCI website)
Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated!
-Appointment is not necessary but good to have. If you dont have an appointment then you to queue up early in the line for you to be able to walk in
-you need to carry all originals of the supporting documents that you will submit. BLS will verify and return the document at the counter. They may choose to keep Indian passport/surrender certificate, but this depends and not done for all applicants.
-Use this as an indicator to fill up your form: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
Document upload https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797

Reactions: Mazallstar

Divank

Oct 14, 2022
Hello All
My application for OCI was received on 17th of august and today it shows status over BLS website as processing at consulate general, can this be assumed that its approved and that document were in order?

appreciate your response it, thanks

binder243

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hello All
My application for OCI was received on 17th of august and today it shows status over BLS website as processing at consulate general, can this be assumed that its approved and that document were in order?

appreciate your response it, thanks
It just started the process

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Hello Team, for OCI application, if I am unemployed what would be the employer section ? Will it impact the application? How do I fill that because there is no unemployed option in drop down.
Team any help/comments here

rambopg

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
25-Jun-2015
File Transfer...
07-Jul-2015
Med's Request
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
24-May-2016
Passport Req..
14-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
1-Jul-2016
Separate helps in case there is a issue with one application and it cannot be processed further. If you make a single one all application would be on hold till you resolve issue.
Just to give everyone an update. Instead of 3 separate drafts, we took 2. One for wife and one for 2 kids together.
2 issues we encountered.
1. The Postal code was printed twice due to filling it out in the address portion and then again the zip code portion. They processed the 2 kids application even with this error (thank the lord!). Wife's application rejected due to this problem.
2. I tried to be cute and instead of sticking parent's photos in kids application, I had digitally pasted the photo and then printed the NOC letter. Even though it looked beautiful and served the purpose of showing both parents faces, it did not fly and then we had to pay an arm and a leg to print 4 photos to stick on the NOC letter.

You learn from your mistakes. Now she has to go again tomorrow with a new filled out application to try our luck again.

pycharm

Jul 23, 2023
My status:

Walk-in application (Toronto): 22 Jul
Date of Acknowledgement: 1 Aug
Document Printing Status: 23 Aug
Dispatched from MEA(OCI) New Delhi: 23 Aug
Document Received at Toronto: 23 Aug

(has not been delivered yet but I expect it by early next week)