+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Status update
My acknowledgement date is 27 July and status is UNDER PROCESS
Dose any one has same or later acknowledgement date and application processed??
submitted in-person at BLS Toronto - 21 July
Acknowledgement date - 31 July
Current status - Under process

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Thank you for reply
Let me know if you get any update on oci site
I will post as soon as I see any updates regarding my OCI- Application
Hopefully, this coming week there is an update as it will be 4 weeks since acknowledgement

Last edited:

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Submitted OCI application directly to CGI - Vancouver during one of their consular assistance camp in our city. No Dealing with BLS. Surrender application was completed and certificate received within 2 weeks.

Submitted - July 16th
Under process - July 18th and nothing after that.

Not sure if this is normal as all the people I see on this thread have an update around the 4 week mark. But I will stay put. Travelling in less than 2 months.

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
My status on BLS website now says "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)".. anyone has an idea what it means and what is next?

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Just got an update that OCI has been processed!
Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the document from BLS?
Thank you. Yours was exactly one month from acknowledgement to OCI being process. My acknowledgement date was Aug 4th. So hoping it will be first week of September for me. FYI, when I submitted the application on July 25th, BLS person told me it will take a total of 2 months from that date to receive the OCI by mail.

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Ye
Thank you. Yours was exactly one month from acknowledgement to OCI being process. My acknowledgement date was Aug 4th. So hoping it will be first week of September for me. FYI, when I submitted the application on July 25th, BLS person told me it will take a total of 2 months from that date to receive the OCI by mail.
Yeah their standard answer is 6-8 weeks for everything. I’ve always received stuff back before that.

adi92

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Can I apply for evisa without surrender certificate? Travelling to India in Nov. Should receive Canadian PP by end of Septemeber. What would be the next best steps?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016