+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for OCI, can anyone please share the format to capture the professional details?As we know BLS people are picky and try to mess up things, so wanted to have an idea from someone already gone through this process.
Really appreciate your help
All they need is Employee Verification Letter if you are employed in an organization.
Name, Designation, Start date and location of work is more than important
No need to mention salary yaa phir job description

You will realize when you submit the OCI application at BLS, they don't need even ask for the Employment Letter :)

koolbrat_066

Apr 6, 2015
All they need is Employee Verification Letter if you are employed in an organization.
Name, Designation, Start date and location of work is more than important
No need to mention salary yaa phir job description

You will realize when you submit the OCI application at BLS, they don't need even ask for the Employment Letter :)
It has to be letter we can write or has to be from the employer?

nh9522

Jun 8, 2016
You should be able to, but it requires a marriage certificate which will have to be attested by the Indian consulate/embassy. You will have to enquire either with BLS or the consulate/embassy what additional supporting documents are required.
This may take a while for processing since you are applying on the basis of souse
Have considered applying on the basis of your parents instead if they were former Indian citizens ?
Sent an email to BLS and reply was if you were born in India then you "may" have to apply in your own merit. The use of "may" implies 50/50 chances. I would hope they would be more precise.

Unfortunately never held an Indian passport. My birth certificate was submitted to a foreign country registry. I do not hold original birth certificate from India. And Indian parents did not hold an Indian passport. It becomes issue of going to India to acquire that birth Certificate and getting it attested by MEA. It would be convenient if they would allow to acquire OCI based on my spouse holdig an OCI card. Still corresponding with OCI vancouver consulate for confirmation if it is imperative I apply on my merit or can use my spouse as a root source. Thanks for your help.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Sent an email to BLS and reply was if you were born in India then you "may" have to apply in your own merit. The use of "may" implies 50/50 chances. I would hope they would be more precise.

Unfortunately never held an Indian passport. My birth certificate was submitted to a foreign country registry. I do not hold original birth certificate from India. And Indian parents did not hold an Indian passport. It becomes issue of going to India to acquire that birth Certificate and getting it attested by MEA. It would be convenient if they would allow to acquire OCI based on my spouse holdig an OCI card. Still corresponding with OCI vancouver consulate for confirmation if it is imperative I apply on my merit or can use my spouse as a root source. Thanks for your help.
I have my doubt that it will go through without the Indian Birth/Nativity Certificate and/or Indian Passport.

Reactions: nh9522

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
Application status says '

Original documents Dispatched via courier
Dispatched via Courier
'
I have just recieved my Surrender certs. How many days after this for the OCI typically? Mine is a walkin at BLS Brampton and I chose courier delivery of the OCIs for me and family

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
Confirm what ?
Sorrry. Please see below:

Let’s say they ok with the hard copy of my photo and accept it, then how BLS Brampton will come to know whether uploaded photo is correct or not. Whether they check ONLINE at their end at the time of my application submission?

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Sorrry. Please see below:

Let’s say they ok with the hard copy of my photo and accept it, then how BLS Brampton will come to know whether uploaded photo is correct or not. Whether they check ONLINE at their end at the time of my application submission?
Yes they have access to the application submitted online and the one submitted

Reactions: HMO

HappyLifeInCanada

Jun 22, 2023
Application status says '

Original documents Dispatched via courier
Dispatched via Courier

'
I have just recieved my Surrender certs. How many days after this for the OCI typically? Mine is a walkin at BLS Brampton and I chose courier delivery of the OCIs for me and family
I’d applied for 2 minor OCI applications in person at Brampton BLS on June 1st.
For me by 2 weeks time after dispatching original documents OCI was processed.

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
ONE MORE question,

under the passport Details

Passport number ; Canadian passport number
Dat of issue:
Date of Expiry:
Place of issue
Previous passport Number:

Question is, In Previous passport number should we need to mention "cancelled Indian Passport number? its so confusing?.
In the SAMPLE form they kept it blank. however, online instruction they have mention "As per Indian Passport or Birth Certficate ?

Thank you

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
ONE MORE question,

under the passport Details

Passport number ; Canadian passport number
Dat of issue:
Date of Expiry:
Place of issue
Previous passport Number:

Question is, In Previous passport number should we need to mention "cancelled Indian Passport number? its so confusing?.
In the SAMPLE form they kept it blank. however, online instruction they have mention "As per Indian Passport or Birth Certficate ?

Thank you
Keep it blank