+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All,

Sorry for long post!

In OCI application under Parents details, we need to provide the mother’s name.

In the sample OCI application SAMPLE form, it is mentioned that mother’s name should be “AS PER APPLICANT’S INDIAN PASSPORT OR PARENT’S CURRENT PASSPORT”.

As per my surrendered Indian passport mother’s name is different from my Mother’s current passport details. Not spelling error but generally we add “BEN’ after mother’s name.

What should I mention? I would like to mention my mother’s name as per Her Current Passport Details (name) to align with her current passport name? Is that okay to do ? because when I will submit my application for OCI, my surrendered passport page will show my mother’s name which is different from HER CURRENT PASSPORT DETAILS?

Please note that in my Canada’s PR/Citizenship/Passport application, I have mentioned my mother’s name as per my surrendered passport details and not as per my mother’s passport (my mother’s name on passport is never changed and it is same throughout). Even she got visitor visa on that passport name.

Please suggest .

Thank you
Surrender process ho gaya..
Abhi jo OCI main bola hain just follow that
Parent’s Name as per Indian Passport
Itna sochne ka nahin kya ;)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,
I applied for oci as family of 4.
1. for my kids its showing ready for pickup since last week
2.for me status shows processing at consulate but below with # ready for pickup at bls
3 For my husband its showing processing at consulate.
on OCI website it says document received at toronto. Any suggestions ???
Also is it a long line up to pickup as well what time shall i line up at bla brampton.
For pick be there between 1:45 to 2:00pm to be early in the line.
They open up for collection by 3:00pm until 4:30pm
I would suggest you can wait for your husband OCI process completed and you can pick OCI for everyone in one go instead of multiple trips

Late jaayenge to BLS Brampton ke saamne RONA hain :p:p

Shivshambho

May 19, 2023
I would suggest you can wait for your husband OCI process completed and you can pick OCI for everyone in one go instead of multiple trips

Is it normal that his is not showing ready for pickup as we submitted together. He had a good debate and argument with the supervisor their that day so thinking if it is on purpose that his is not ready.

Shivshambho

May 19, 2023

Omg 2 pm jane ka to work se half day gayab for this thing.

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
For anyone who submitted the OCI application recently at BLS Toronto -
1. Photo - Does it need to have a stamp with a date on the back?
2. Professional Details of applicant - Can this be a letter written by us or does it need to be from our employer on an official letterhead? If it is written by ourselves, what all do we need to mention in it?
3. The draft of CAD$345 for OCI fees - Is it in favor of “Consulate General of India, Toronto” or “Consulate General of India - Toronto”?
4. What was the processing time for getting the surrender certificate and then OCI? (I have already submitted the application for surrender certificate).

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Reactions: Shivshambho

Shivshambho

May 19, 2023
For anyone who submitted the OCI application recently at BLS Toronto -
1. Photo - Does it need to have a stamp with a date on the back?
2. Professional Details of applicant - Can this be a letter written by us or does it need to be from our employer on an official letterhead? If it is written by ourselves, what all do we need to mention in it?
3. The draft of CAD$345 for OCI fees - Is it in favor of “Consulate General of India, Toronto” or “Consulate General of India - Toronto”?
4. What was the processing time for getting the surrender certificate and then OCI? (I have already submitted the application for surrender certificate).
1. I got one stamped by the photographer (not mentioned anywhere)
2. U can write by urself too.
3. Consulate general of india, toronto
4. I submitted my oci on may 19th , its ready for pickup since June 27th for 3 of us and waiting for status change for one person.

Reactions: h3xx_r_d

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
Hey, quick question - After we fill the online form for OCI and PDF gets generated with photo and signature.

Do we need to take print out as it is in Black and White and then BLS will put/glue 1 hard copy photo on top of that printed form (with photo and signature already)? Thanks

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
1. I got one stamped by the photographer (not mentioned anywhere)
2. U can write by urself too.
3. Consulate general of india, toronto
4. I submitted my oci on may 19th , its ready for pickup since June 27th for 3 of us and waiting for status change for one person.
Thank you for your feedback!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey, quick question - After we fill the online form for OCI and PDF gets generated with photo and signature.

Do we need to take print out as it is in Black and White and then BLS will put/glue 1 hard copy photo on top of that printed form (with photo and signature already)? Thanks
Black and White chalega.
Photo leke jaane ka, let BLS do their stuff jahan unko chipkana chipkaaye :)

• Haha
Reactions: preet.tech89

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thank you so much! I did call them they give generic answer as per website , so will wait
They will give you a better feedback over the email.
I had similar issue with my wife's and kid's OCI, kept showing, Processing at Consulate for a while.
I wrote to them provided the Application# and Canadian Passport# and they replied within the same day, ke aake pick karlo :)
OCI for me was classic... We as a family of 4 applied for OCI, I did not pay for the courier and said will collect it from BLS Brampton when it is ready...
BLS waale itne prabhavit hue mujhse ke they couriered my OCI without even I paid for it :)
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10372610

Reactions: Shivshambho

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
Black and White chalega.
Photo leke jaane ka, let BLS do their stuff jahan unko chipkana chipkaaye :)

thank you!

So here is my list of documents which I will carry, Could you pls check once in case I am missing anything?

Application form - Filled online and B&W printout (uploaded photo and signature will be printed) , need to fill Declaration page (Page 4 of the PDF) manually, and 1 Hard Copy of the Photo

345$ draft - CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA TORONTO
7.40$ +courier fee will be paid by Debit at BLS centre

Checklist printout
Surrender Certificate - Original
Surrender Certificate -Printout Self Attested
Indian passport - Original
Indian passport -Printout Self Attested
Oath cert - Original
Oath cert -Printout Self Attested
Canadian passport - Original and like you replied few days back that they dont keep it with them but will be taking for verification
Canadian passport -Printout Self Attested
Employment Letter - Printout Self Attested
Driving License - Original
Driving License - Printout Self Attested