------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016

below bhi chalega?

oops I missed. it is maunally signed however it is scanned signature and then letter is printed out (in form of letter head). anyhow we need to self attest it for in person submission. do they again check for original ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
below bhi chalega?

oops I missed. it is maunally signed however it is scanned signature and then letter is printed out (in form of letter head). anyhow we need to self attest it for in person submission. do they again check for original ?
Stamp paper pe likh ke aur sign kar ke doon kya :p

Reactions: HMO

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
  • Haha
Reactions: abbas.pasha

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
1) Sorry I used BLS currier service so I am not 100% sure about 1st question but based on answers in this forum they do not keep Canadian PP.
2) I guess @abbas.pasha bhai answered this question multiple times in this forum and you dont need notarized affidavit. Still cross check previous pages of this forum.
thank you so much

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
-BLS does not keep the original Canadian passport. You should carry originals of the all the supporting documents you will submit as part of your application
BLS might however keep the cancelled Indian passport/surrender certificate and return it by courier, so be prepared. They do that with some and do not do that with other applicants (bole to gold standard of customer service)
-Naa no need for it
thank you so much

Reactions: abbas.pasha

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi All
Wanted some information on OCI process for my Canadian born son
I am PR and my husbands citizenship is in process(waiting for oath) , his Indian passport expired last month(doesn’t want to renew anytime soon)
So, for my son’s OCI, what exact documents will be accepted?
Thanks in advance

Shivshambho

May 19, 2023
Hi,
I applied for oci as family of 4.
1. for my kids its showing ready for pickup since last week
2.for me status shows processing at consulate but below with # ready for pickup at bls
3 For my husband its showing processing at consulate.
on OCI website it says document received at toronto. Any suggestions ???
Also is it a long line up to pickup as well what time shall i line up at bla brampton.

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
Hi All,

Sorry for long post!

In OCI application under Parents details, we need to provide the mother’s name.

In the sample OCI application SAMPLE form, it is mentioned that mother’s name should be “AS PER APPLICANT’S INDIAN PASSPORT OR PARENT’S CURRENT PASSPORT”.

As per my surrendered Indian passport mother’s name is different from my Mother’s current passport details. Not spelling error but generally we add “BEN’ after mother’s name.

What should I mention? I would like to mention my mother’s name as per Her Current Passport Details (name) to align with her current passport name? Is that okay to do ? because when I will submit my application for OCI, my surrendered passport page will show my mother’s name which is different from HER CURRENT PASSPORT DETAILS?

Please note that in my Canada’s PR/Citizenship/Passport application, I have mentioned my mother’s name as per my surrendered passport details and not as per my mother’s passport (my mother’s name on passport is never changed and it is same throughout). Even she got visitor visa on that passport name.

Please suggest .

Thank you

Shivshambho

May 19, 2023
Hi,
I applied for oci as family of 4.
1. for my kids its showing ready for pickup since last week
2.for me status shows processing at consulate but below with # ready for pickup at bls
3 For my husband its showing processing at consulate.
on OCI website it says document received at toronto. Any suggestions ???
Also is it a long line up to pickup as well what time shall i line up at bla brampton.
Iska bhi reply kardo koi, thanks

nh9522

Jun 8, 2016
Hello,

if anyone can help with an OCI application inquiry. Born in India and left the country in 1970s. My Birth Certificate was registered in spouse's foreign country registry. At the moment the only proof I have of born in India is the foreign country registry's document showing place of birth as India.
Per BLS Vancouver website no surrender certificate is required since no Indian passport was ever issued.
My spouse acquired OCI via root father. That is his father was born in India and held the citizenship/nationality.

Please advise if I am able to apply for OCI based on my spouse. Although I was born in India trying to follow the route that will minimize hassle (i.e., obtain paperwork from India, etc)

Thank you in advance.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

if anyone can help with an OCI application inquiry. Born in India and left the country in 1970s. My Birth Certificate was registered in spouse's foreign country registry. At the moment the only proof I have of born in India is the foreign country registry's document showing place of birth as India.
Per BLS Vancouver website no surrender certificate is required since no Indian passport was ever issued.
My spouse acquired OCI via root father. That is his father was born in India and held the citizenship/nationality.

Please advise if I am able to apply for OCI based on my spouse. Although I was born in India trying to follow the route that will minimize hassle (i.e., obtain paperwork from India, etc)

Thank you in advance.
You should be able to, but it requires a marriage certificate which will have to be attested by the Indian consulate/embassy. You will have to enquire either with BLS or the consulate/embassy what additional supporting documents are required.
This may take a while for processing since you are applying on the basis of souse
Have considered applying on the basis of your parents instead if they were former Indian citizens ?