+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
Hello Guys,
I have summitted in person application last Friday at BLS Brampton and did not opt for currier service so I need to go to BLS Brampton office to collect it in person once status says ready for collection.
Has anyone here collected documents in person here from BLS? if yes then how much wait time in line/queue is expected? is it as bad as 4 to 5 hours?
I went to pickup my surrender certificate in person at the end of May, I reached there around 1.45pm thinking need to get there earlier but I was 2nd person in line. They start letting people enter at 3 for pickup. The line up is combined for OCI, surrender etc.

ron_ad123

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
3rd visit to BLS. On every earlier visit, they found some error in the form and asked to correct. Today they said photo not as per spec (shoulder not visible it seems), I put my foot down. Spec sheet here - https://ociservices.gov.in/Photo-Spec-FINAL.pdf I was asked to sign declaration that BLS official told me about it and I am proceeding with the application anyway. Further carried print out of Sampark reply that SC original not required to be submitted. They asked me to put that in the declaration and I had to give them the printout and actually only then returned original SC. Finally submitted OCI app. Now wait begins for final phase. Did anyone have to sign such a declaration and was your application successful? .
Finally OCI ready for Collection. Updated today. OCI journey end in sight.

Application Date2023-05-18
Date of Ack: 2023-05-24
Application Status
(Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

Dottt

Jun 30, 2023
Hi All ,

It will be a big help if some one help me with the steps to follow my situation is :
1) Married in India
2) Divorced in Canada
3) Not in good terms with ex
4) Canadian Citizen
5) Indian passport cancelled

Please let me know what steps in need to take to register my divorce . Any help will be really appreciated @abbas.pasha

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All ,

It will be a big help if some one help me with the steps to follow my situation is :
1) Married in India
2) Divorced in Canada
3) Not in good terms with ex
4) Canadian Citizen
5) Indian passport cancelled

Please let me know what steps in need to take to register my divorce . Any help will be really appreciated @abbas.pasha
I do not have expertise on it sorry.
I googled some references incase this useful for you
https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/fl-df/divorce/app.html
https://www.family-law.ca/b/can-i-get-divorced-in-canada-if-i-was-married-in-another-country-
https://settlement.org/ontario/daily-life/life-events/divorce/will-my-foreign-divorce-be-recognized-in-canada/

Reactions: Dottt

Dottt

Jun 30, 2023
Sorry i did not mentioned I need the help to apply for OCI and what divorce related document is required , I am really sorry for confusion

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
Hey, 2 quick query after I referred the checklist for OCI submission.

1) Does BLS Brampton keep/take the original Canadian passport with the OCI application when we do walk-in? or only Copy of the passport?
2) Canadian passport has place of birth as CITY, IND and Indian Passport has CITY, STATE. Do I need notarized affidavit as seems both have different format to print but City name is same in both the passports. Please suggest

Thanks

Last edited:

HappyLifeInCanada

Jun 22, 2023

1) Does BLS Brampton keep/take the original Canadian passport with the OCI application when we do walk-in? or only Copy of the passport?
2) Canadian passport has place of birth as CITY, IND and Indian Passport has CITY, STATE. Do I need notarized affidavit as seems both have different format to print but City name is same in both the passports. Please suggest

Thanks
Hello
When i applied for minor oci applications in person at Brampton BLS, they took only Birth certificates as original document returning the passports.
Not sure if this helps you or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: preet.tech89

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
  • Just select Private Service from the list of occupation
  • Consulate General of India, Toronto
  • Draft date does not have to match the application date
  • Yes, you can pay the balance fee by Debit card. Credit Cards are not accepted. Other option is to pay cash which should be exact.
Hi,

As per the checklist we are required to enclose the letter mentioning our profession.
My question is that my employer has issued me the letter. However, it is digitally signed by Employer.
Whether letter should original (manually signed) or digitally signed letter would be acceptable?

Thank you

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hi,

As per the checklist we are required to enclose the letter mentioning our profession.
My question is that my employer has issued me the letter. However, it is digitally signed by Employer.
Whether letter should original (manually signed) or digitally signed letter would be acceptable?

Thank you
digitally signed letter should be okay. I have provided same for my OCI Application.

Reactions: HMO

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
digitally signed letter should be okay. I have provided same for my OCI Application.

oops I missed. it is maunally signed however it is scanned signature and then letter is printed out (in form of letter head). anyhow we need to self attest it for in person submission. do they again check for original ?

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019

Hello, just 2 queries (asked above) to you as you recently submitted the application

1) Does BLS keep/take the original Canadian passport with the OCI application when we do walk-in? or only Copy of the passport?

Thanks

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hello, just 2 queries (asked above) to you as you recently submitted the application

1) Does BLS keep/take the original Canadian passport with the OCI application when we do walk-in? or only Copy of the passport?

Thanks
1) Sorry I used BLS currier service so I am not 100% sure about 1st question but based on answers in this forum they do not keep Canadian PP.
2) I guess @abbas.pasha bhai answered this question multiple times in this forum and you dont need notarized affidavit. Still cross check previous pages of this forum.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,

Thank you
Bindaas Chalega

Last edited:
Reactions: HMO

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Thanks
-BLS does not keep the original Canadian passport. You should carry originals of the all the supporting documents you will submit as part of your application
BLS might however keep the cancelled Indian passport/surrender certificate and return it by courier, so be prepared. They do that with some and do not do that with other applicants (bole to gold standard of customer service)
-Naa no need for it