+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

HappyLifeInCanada

Jun 22, 2023
BLS Toronto is not giving out appointments, I believe it is walk-ins?

Is queue long and same for OCI and SC?

Any experiences here of walk-ins and points to note
We applied on Jun 1st ‘23..
1st went to Toronto BLS as walkin (reached by b4 8am) & after 2hrs of long waiting in the queue security didnt allow us in. He said no more walkins there & need appointment. There was no appointment until 18th. He said that we can wait until 5pm & more slots for June 2nd will be available and come next day with appointment. That seemed to be risky for us we thought as we need to travel in 2 months with parents when their visa ends.
When we checked there were few slots available for Brampton BLS same day. So booked an appointment & went there at noon slot to submit both our kids application.

P.S-Can take only 1 appointment with same ph no. / email.

Hope this helps sm1..

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
Hi @abbas.pasha

Hope all is well. I'm applying OCI for a family member. I had a look at the application process and have a some questions regd the postal application process. Could you please help

1. When I select the pick up and drop off option in Purolator, I get another 30$ on top of 60$ for Original drop-off thing. From what I've read in this thread, Originals are not required as part of the application and self attested copies are sufficient right? How do I go about this?

2. Is Professional details in a pdf doc mandatory?

3. Do we need to send any original photos in addition to what we provided in the OCI portal?

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Hi @abbas.pasha

Hope all is well. I'm applying OCI for a family member. I had a look at the application process and have a some questions regd the postal application process. Could you please help

1. When I select the pick up and drop off option in Purolator, I get another 30$ on top of 60$ for Original drop-off thing. From what I've read in this thread, Originals are not required as part of the application and self attested copies are sufficient right? How do I go about this?

2. Is Professional details in a pdf doc mandatory?

3. Do we need to send any original photos in addition to what we provided in the OCI portal?
@abbas.pasha bhai I will save your efforts here :p Since I recently submitted application.

1) Yes Pick 30 + drop 30 per application.
Note incase you send multiple applications together you can choose only 1 pickup but drop's should separate per application.
Also for multiple applications if you send in same envelop then you can make one DD for BLS and one DD for CGI.
All copies should be self attested. Incase of minor application both parents should attest document along with NOC.
NO need to send originals.

2) I called BSL customer care and they told me self Professional details in a pdf doc mandatory for working protections . For House wife not required.

3) Yes we need to send one original photo along with application.

tom93

Star Member
Mar 12, 2021
@abbas.pasha bhai I will save your efforts here :p Since I recently submitted application.

Note incase you send multiple applications together you can choose only 1 pickup but drop's should separate per application.
Also for multiple applications if you send in same envelop then you can make one DD for BLS and one DD for CGI.
All copies should be self attested. Incase of minor application both parents should attest document along with NOC.

2) I called BSL customer care and they told me self Professional details in a pdf doc mandatory for working protections . For House wife not required.

Hi @Bhamarekm thanks for your response.

Yes I Understand that 30$ for Pickup and 30$ for dropoff. what about another 30$ for "original drop-off"? The total comes to about 92 dollars.

For Minor, does both parents has to write 'True copy of the original document' with Sign and date in all the photocopies?

Thanks again for your help

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for stepping in @tom93

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Yes I Understand that 30$ for Pickup and 30$ for dropoff. what about another 30$ for "original drop-off"? The total comes to about 92 dollars.

For Minor, does both parents has to write 'True copy of the original document' with Sign and date in all the photocopies?

One parent can sign on the supporting documents of the kids but this is BLS you are dealing with, so double down if it is possible have you and your wife sign off on each of the supporting documents..
Just a signature is required no date or mention of attested true copy required
Make sure you include the NOC copy along with photo of both parents for each kids application

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question regarding OCI. Do we need to submit any spouse documents as well e.g. OCI card copy, Canadian passport copy if applying by Self as Indian Root? @abbas.pasha please guide.

Last edited:

motocrosstar

Star Member
Nov 1, 2020
I applied for OCI today at BLS Toronto. I had an appointment. Waited for about an hour inside. Once at the counter, first problem was photo. They wanted date stamped behind it even though there is no mention of such a thing anywhere. I told them I submitted the same photo for surrender certificate without problems and its recent. The agent looked like she was comparing my face to photo and concluded that I look like it and accepted it (she told me that it doesn't look like my appearance has changed and hence she's accepting it). Next the name on my draft was wrong. I had gotten it in the name of "High Commission of India, Ottawa". My bad! So she asked me to go to Canada Post in the same complex and get a money order made out to "Consulate General of India - Toronto". After I did that she wanted to keep the original surrender certificate. I told her that the instructions didn't mention this. She said I can choose to not attach the original certificate with my application but I'll have to provide and sign a declaration. Additionally if the consulate requires it I'll have to send it on my own later on and this could delay the application processing. So I relented and let them keep my original surrender certificate. Charged me $86 on top of $345 in the money order. Ordeal over. Hopefully I'll get my original surrender certificate and OCI without any issues. I was told that the original certificate should be returned in a month and OCI should be available in 2-3 months. Fingers crossed!
My timeline:
Application type: Walk-in
Applied - 19/05/2023
BLS Status - Under Processing at Consulate - 23/05/2023
Acknowledgement from OCI site - 26/05/2023
Originals returned - 09/06/2023
Document printed - 23/06/2023
Dispatched and received at Consulate - 24/06/2023
Waiting on BLS to ship it ...

Thanks again everybody for all the help! :)

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
Hello,

could anyone confirm that

I am working professional (job). what should I write under "OCCUPATION " ? only "Professional" or I need to mention something like "Banking professional". For clarity, my employer has issued me the letter with my "current designation". I need to mention that "Current designation" under the “OCCUPATION"? Please confirm.

Also regarding Fresh OCI Fees ($345), on the " Check list information form" it is mention "Consulate General of India, Toronto" while on "OCI FORM Filling Instructions form" they have mentioned "CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA TORONTO" which one is correct?
Further, what should be the draft DATE ? is there any specific requirements? for example date on the draft should match with our application date? or bank will put the draft date as per the issuance date of the draft?

I will submit my OCI application to BLS Brampton, apart from Fresh OCI Fees ($345) ( shall be paid through draft), can I pay BLS FEE that is $7.4 and any other courier/services related fees by Debit/Credit card at BLS BRAMPTON?

NOTE: today I can see all PASSPORT/OCI/VISA RELATED SLOTS ARE OPEN FOR 3 MONTHS for BRAMPTON

Thank you in advance.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I have a question regarding OCI. Do we need to submit any spouse documents as well e.g. OCI card copy, Canadian passport copy if applying by Self as Indian Root? @abbas.pasha please guide.
Well in our case my wife and I included each other's details with supporting documents for the OCI applications even though we applied as under Indian Root - Self

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,

could anyone confirm that

I am working professional (job). what should I write under "OCCUPATION " ? only "Professional" or I need to mention something like "Banking professional". For clarity, my employer has issued me the letter with my "current designation". I need to mention that "Current designation" under the “OCCUPATION"? Please confirm.

Also regarding Fresh OCI Fees ($345), on the " Check list information form" it is mention "Consulate General of India, Toronto" while on "OCI FORM Filling Instructions form" they have mentioned "CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA TORONTO" which one is correct?
Further, what should be the draft DATE ? is there any specific requirements? for example date on the draft should match with our application date? or bank will put the draft date as per the issuance date of the draft?

I will submit my OCI application to BLS Brampton, apart from Fresh OCI Fees ($345) ( shall be paid through draft), can I pay BLS FEE that is $7.4 and any other courier/services related fees by Debit/Credit card at BLS BRAMPTON?

NOTE: today I can see all PASSPORT/OCI/VISA RELATED SLOTS ARE OPEN FOR 3 MONTHS for BRAMPTON

Thank you in advance.
  • Just select Private Service from the list of occupation
  • Consulate General of India, Toronto
  • Draft date does not have to match the application date
  • Yes, you can pay the balance fee by Debit card. Credit Cards are not accepted. Other option is to pay cash which should be exact.

Reactions: HMO

HMO

Jun 18, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
Doc's Request.
------
Nomination.....
21-01-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
process started on 21 April 2015 and SLU 24 April 2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
21-05-2015 & TLU 27 May 2015
Interview........
------
Passport Req..
DM 06 Aug 2015 & PPR 06 Aug 2015 , PP submitted 10 Aug 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport collected on 20 Aug 2015 & Visa issue 04 Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Jan/Feb 2016
  • Just select Private Service from the list of occupation
  • Consulate General of India, Toronto
  • Draft date does not have to match the application date
  • Yes, you can pay the balance fee by Debit card. Credit Cards are not accepted. Other option is to pay cash which should be exact.
Thank your for quick and clear response.

you are Champion member. Also please add " SAVIOR " as well ;)

Bhamarekm

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017

It should be only 60 CAD for one application. (30 pickup and 30 drop).
It should be only 90 CAD for two applications. (30 pickup and 30 +30 drop).

But BLS agents try to add some unwanted things and it increases cost.
I send 3 applications together so they should charge me 30 pickup + 90 drop = 120. But they change me 120+45( 15+15+15 Photo charge ) + 6 (2+2+2).
I called back them and asked why extra charge they added photo charges and convenience fee without asking me. At end they reverted 45 CAD .

So make sure ask them clearly do not change photo charges and convenience fee . Or else you can generate payment link from BLS page.

For Minor, me and my wife just signed on each page.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: tom93