+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

n2m5

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi there,

I have a question about sending my documents through mail. Would I need to include any of my original documents like my current passport, surrender certificate, etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Aathreya

Jun 12, 2023
Hi there,

I have a question about sending my documents through mail. Would I need to include any of my original documents like my current passport, surrender certificate, etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
The documents you need to send

Application form
345$ draft : Consulate general of India
7.40$ draft : BLS Internationals
Canadian passport copy
surrender cert copy
indian passport copy
oath cert copy
driving license copy

n2m5

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Thank you, Aathreya. So, if I understand correctly, you only need a copy and not the original?
The documents you need to send

Application form
345$ draft : Consulate general of India
7.40$ draft : BLS Internationals
Canadian passport copy
surrender cert copy
indian passport copy
oath cert copy
driving license copy
Thank you, Aathreya. So, if I understand correctly, you only need a copy and not the original?

Aathreya

Jun 12, 2023

yes, only the copies no originals

After doing the process, if you need the realtime status, feel free to contact on the same thread.

Reactions: n2m5

Aathreya

Jun 12, 2023

IF you sending through postal (Courier), No originals needed to submit.

Reactions: n2m5

infidel

Dec 17, 2014
friends
I am applying for OCI for me, my wife and kid at BLS center in Brampton. I seem to have a bunch of concerns and am hoping you can help
1. OCI online form - Mission field (what goes here? Toronto or Ottawa? seems obvious but the instructions seem to say it should be Ottawa)
2. Fees: should the bank draft be addressed to Consulate General of India- Toronto or to Indian High Commisioner - Ottawa?
3. Online form section2 - passport details - Instructions are confusing on this, should it be my new canadian passport or the surrenderred indian passport?
4. Uploading documents section - This section seems to have a different list of documents for uploading from those listed in the checklist. What should go where? The checklist asks for Surrender cert, Canadian citizenship cert, surrendered indian passport, canadian passport, profession details, proof of address, birth cert for minor, consent of parents for minor, passport of parents. how does these align to whats on the online section?
5. Should the passport upload be only the info pages? otherwise it becomes too large to upload
6. How do i compress the pdf files to 1000KB? this will likely take up a lot of hours.
7. consent of parents for minor - what is this document?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
friends
I am applying for OCI for me, my wife and kid at BLS center in Brampton. I seem to have a bunch of concerns and am hoping you can help
1. OCI online form - Mission field (what goes here? Toronto or Ottawa? seems obvious but the instructions seem to say it should be Ottawa)
2. Fees: should the bank draft be addressed to Consulate General of India- Toronto or to Indian High Commisioner - Ottawa?
3. Online form section2 - passport details - Instructions are confusing on this, should it be my new canadian passport or the surrenderred indian passport?
4. Uploading documents section - This section seems to have a different list of documents for uploading from those listed in the checklist. What should go where? The checklist asks for Surrender cert, Canadian citizenship cert, surrendered indian passport, canadian passport, profession details, proof of address, birth cert for minor, consent of parents for minor, passport of parents. how does these align to whats on the online section?
5. Should the passport upload be only the info pages? otherwise it becomes too large to upload
6. How do i compress the pdf files to 1000KB? this will likely take up a lot of hours.
7. consent of parents for minor - what is this document?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
-Toronto
-Consulate General of India, Toronto
-Canadian Passport (Indian passport has already been canceled, so it’s not a valid travel document anymore)
-refer this https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/post-10335797
-Bio page of the Canadian passport
- https://www.ilovepdf.com/compress_pdf
-https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/no-objection-letter.pdf

Refer to this https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: infidel

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Guys, does anyone know when does the appointment slots for July open up on BLS Canada website? Currently only June days are visible but as expected every day is booked completely.