+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Aathreya

Jun 12, 2023
Dear All,
Asking on behalf of my relatives who are residing in Montreal. Her Husband has already acquired OCI, Wife is applying for OCI . Wife is indian by Birth and applying as relation with root indian as Self. In such a case, kindly advise whether her spouse OCI and Spouse's canada passport also needed to be uploaded?
Uploading documents:
canadian passport
indian passport
marriage certificate, in case your filling your spouse details in the oci application form

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Applying for OCI.
Place of birth, Indian passport: Sateriya, Madhya pradesh
Place of Birth, Canadian passport: SHIVPURI, INDIA
I believe it is going to show in OCI app as: SHIVPURI, MADHYAPRADESH, INDIA

Do I need to get an affidavit ? please suggest

Also, BLS does not keep original citizenship certificate. Is that correct ?
How did Sateriya become SHIVPURI ? Did you did it urself?

Aathreya

Jun 12, 2023
@abbas.pasha
Hi Abbas
I submitted my OCI application yesterday in Vancouver. When I'm trying to track it today in OCI status inquiry website it says "No such record found".
In bls website it shows under process
How long does it take for the tracker on the OCI website to become active?
It takes two to three business days to get the status update, technically youre query was on thursday, now you may be track on both the websites for the status.

Aathreya

Jun 12, 2023
How did Sateriya become SHIVPURI ? Did you did it urself?
there is nothing how part here,
In this case, on her indian passport it is written as sateriya, but in canadian passport is shivpuri,

if you check in google both the pace are not same. Sateriya village is located in shivpuri tehsil,
So affidavit needed

Reactions: nirm.123

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Guys, I am applying to OCI soon. I have gone through the thread but couldn't find the answer for one question. If I go and apply for OCI on person, would Brampton BLS keep my Canadian passport with them for a few days or give it back immediately?

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
there is nothing how part here,
In this case, on her indian passport it is written as sateriya, but in canadian passport is shivpuri,

if you check in google both the pace are not same. Sateriya village is located in shivpuri tehsil,
So affidavit needed
the person did not ask what you are saying. they asked how sateriya in India PP became shivpuri in CP. Did the person wrote Shivpuri in CP application?

Reactions: forw.jane

Shivshambho

May 19, 2023
Guys, I am applying to OCI soon. I have gone through the thread but couldn't find the answer for one question. If I go and apply for OCI on person, would Brampton BLS keep my Canadian passport with them for a few days or give it back immediately?
They did not take any documents from me, but they usually take ur SC.

tejnaihas

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2018
Nomination.....
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
Hi friends,
I applied for OCI for 3 of us in a family in May 2023.
My application status shows printed on 9 June 2023 and shows OCI#
But the status for my wife and shows still shows under progress.
Is this normal or I will have to contact them to enquire?
Please guide

damlemadhur

Jun 5, 2023
Hello all,

I am applying for OCI for my Minor daughter and wanted to know if I have to fill out Proffessional details of the applicant. She is 5 yrs old and goes to School. Should I just write up a letter saying that she is a student of Kindergarten?

Please advise.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
Hello all,

I am applying for OCI for my Minor daughter and wanted to know if I have to fill out Proffessional details of the applicant. She is 5 yrs old and goes to School. Should I just write up a letter saying that she is a student of Kindergarten?

Please advise.
thats what we did. we wrote JK student.