+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

rjv2255

Mar 18, 2023
hi friends, a quick question.while filing the application under applicant passport details, which i shold enter?
indian or canadian passport.the raeson for tthe question is in their step by step slide ,it is showing to enter indian passport details.I am confused.please help

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do we have to include original Canadian citizenship certificate and passport also?
I don't know if you dealt with BLS recently or not, but they are money grabbing organization.
Since an applicant is already paying top $$ when they send the application by post, they will not demand originals.
They only pitch "value added services" like originals to be submitted and will only be couriered, passport cover, EP fee, mandatory courier services for sending the OCI/Surrender Certificates etc., at the center because they need their costs.

Reactions: johnjkjk

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I am Director and Employee of my own corporation. How do I get Employment Letter?
Do I have to mention spouse Passport details? Spouse is still waiting for her Canadian passport.
What's National Identification Number?
Refer this man: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
You can generate a letter on your company's letter head mentioning that you self employed etc..
Yes spouse details are required, if you dont want BLS to return your application :D
Leave NID thing blank

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
hi friends, a quick question.while filing the application under applicant passport details, which i shold enter?
indian or canadian passport.the raeson for tthe question is in their step by step slide ,it is showing to enter indian passport details.I am confused.please help
You have to enter Canadian passport details.
Refer this sample form

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Planning to send OCI application by mail. I know amount of DDs for CGI and BLS.

How do I pay Purolator to deliver OCI to my home once it's ready?

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
If that's the update on BLS and if you were asked to submit your original surrender certificate or cancelled India passort, then this is most likely the case that they are sending it by Purolator....
OCI website.. just wait.. for the status to be updated in few days because I remember you already got the acknowledgement right ?
yeah brother they took my surrender certificate at the time of OCI file submission and they must be sending that back. and yeah buddy got the acknowledgement after 4 days of submission.

pripri14

Star Member
Nov 17, 2022
Hi all, this question may have been answered already but unable to find it. I am a bit confused on the order of OCI application process, can you kindly help if this understanding is correct:
- Apply Surrender Certificate through Passport Seva website
- Submitting online application and then taking the print of application and take originals in person and finish the submission
- receive this certificate in 3/4 weeks
- Start OCI application through online OCI services website
- Finish online application, take the prints and go in person to finish the submission

Please let me know if this sounds right? thank you..

wink

May 25, 2021
Planning to send OCI application by mail. I know amount of DDs for CGI and BLS.

How do I pay Purolator to deliver OCI to my home once it's ready?
The process mentioned in the BLS website won't work and it is designed to confuse people. You can give a try using the form provided online, but most likely you would fail.

My advise would be, once you have your application and other documents ready, simply call BLS on 2894981320. It would be done in 10 minutes (if you can get someone on the phone).

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
For mailing applicants, where are you getting Demand Draft/Money Orders from? I am using Tangerine and will need to pay $10 to get $7.40 Demand Draft for BLS. Lol.

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hi all, this question may have been answered already but unable to find it. I am a bit confused on the order of OCI application process, can you kindly help if this understanding is correct:
- Apply Surrender Certificate through Passport Seva website
- Submitting online application and then taking the print of application and take originals in person and finish the submission
- receive this certificate in 3/4 weeks
- Start OCI application through online OCI services website
- Finish online application, take the prints and go in person to finish the submission

Please let me know if this sounds right? thank you..
Sounds about right
One of the additional things OCI online application requires is to upload your photo, signature & other supporting docs.

Last edited:
Reactions: pripri14

Sun_ray

Mar 20, 2019
Hi,

A small query regarding filling up OCI online application, my mothers name in my Indian passport only has her given name but my mothers name in her passport has given and surname included.
So while filling up OCI online application shall I use the name from my mothers passport or just the name as mentioned in my passport,.
As per cgi website it says "
  • All the personal particulars / data entries of the OCI application should match with the current Passport. The name of parents & spouse should match as mentioned in their Indian Passport.
Any information on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hi, I’m having the same issue with my father’s name. What did you end up doing?
Should we put the parent’s name exactly as it is in our passport or in their Indian passport?