+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

mj_toronto

Mar 28, 2018
Yes it’s possible but keep in mind if one of the applications is returned then all applications will be returned because the draft is of the single amount
So my suggestion is to make individual drafts/money orders for each applicant
Point Noted. Thank you. One more question - Did anybody face a problem related to the size of the Name on the Money Order / Bank Draft? Canada Post Money Order can only have "Consulate General of India", but not "- Toronto".

Not sure, if this is only Canada Post problem though.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Alright tomorrow's the big day - I'm going in person to BLS to submit my application. Hoping the Indian bureaucracy Gods are kind tomorrow

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Alright tomorrow's the big day - I'm going in person to BLS to submit my application. Hoping the Indian bureaucracy Gods are kind tomorrow
all the best! keep us posted. dang, these guys give us/me the feel of a Chemistry viva where even if i'd have prepared, the teacher would stump me by asking what is HIJKLMNO.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Point Noted. Thank you. One more question - Did anybody face a problem related to the size of the Name on the Money Order / Bank Draft? Canada Post Money Order can only have "Consulate General of India", but not "- Toronto".

I remember @yaml did mention about this issue previously. Let’s ask him if he know if this will be accepted or not ?
Or check with @sumitbajaj07 he recently got the money order done from western union if had any issues over their

ashishchamps

Jan 1, 2018
Hi Abbas,

I am also in same boat, trying to figure out OCI process from scratch for fresh application. I am looking to apply via postal service, and in checklist there are asking for lot many original documents. Can you clear the doubt as to what to send in originals for fresh OCI application? Indian Passport, Canadian Passport, Surrender certificate, Canadian citizenship certificate?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Abbas,

I am also in same boat, trying to figure out OCI process from scratch for fresh application. I am looking to apply via postal service, and in checklist there are asking for lot many original documents. Can you clear the doubt as to what to send in originals for fresh OCI application? Indian Passport, Canadian Passport, Surrender certificate, Canadian citizenship certificate?
If you are applying via postal application, you do not need to send any originals at all..
You need to included documents that you submit via post as per the checklist (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf ) and you have to self attest them.
The process begins by creating the application on the OCI website: https://ociservices.gov.in/
In this you will provide the information mentioned in the sample application form: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
Once you feed the required information you will have the upload your photo and signature on the OCI website.
Further on you have upload 3/4 different types of documents like Canadian Passport+Citizenship Certificate, Indian Passport+Surrender Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Employment Letter, Birth Certificate(only for minors) etc. (if you read through the checklist and sample forms you can figure the details) (these documents do not need to be self attested)
Once completed and submitted on the OCI, print the form along with the documents in the checklist, photograph (self attest the documents) and send the by Purolator

Reactions: ashishchamps

wink

May 25, 2021
The feeling is far worse than meeting an IRCC officer... It is disheartening... Last time when I went, I had to make big scene (shouting and yelling) for them to accept the application... But worried since then whether they sent everything correctly to the consulate or done something to take revenge on me... Finger crossed...

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022

I think I read somewhere BLS knows this problem with Canada Post and it might work but I didn't want to take a chance with BLS so went to a bank where I have mortgage account to get a draft as none of the banks here will give a draft without having account with them.

Last edited:

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
If you are applying via postal application, you do not need to send any originals at all..
You need to included documents that you submit via post as per the checklist (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf ) and you have to self attest them.
The process begins by creating the application on the OCI website: https://ociservices.gov.in/
In this you will provide the information mentioned in the sample application form: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
Once you feed the required information you will have the upload your photo and signature on the OCI website.
Further on you have upload 3/4 different types of documents like Canadian Passport+Citizenship Certificate, Indian Passport+Surrender Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Employment Letter, Birth Certificate(only for minors) etc. (if you read through the checklist and sample forms you can figure the details) (these documents do not need to be self attested)
Once completed and submitted on the OCI, print the form along with the documents in the checklist, photograph (self attest the documents) and send the by Purolator
But but but.....checklist says Original and Copy.