+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@sumitbajaj07 for your views too, i paid special attention to these points......

1 - not try to continue with previously half-filled application; fresh shuru kari (there's some limit of no. of days too within which it has to be completed)
2 - ALL INFO AS PER PASSPORTS - apni, maa baap n biwi ki, with spl attention to middle names n how place of birth is spelt
3 - passport section right under family details to have Canadian pp info
4 - mode of Canadian citizenship - naturalization, date - date on citizensh cert
5 - relationship with root Indian - self, cos we all had IN pps
6 - family in India - only immediate family - siblings/parent
7 - date of marriage regn - $#%%^%&$%$#$@%$@%$^$Y^*(

documents to take along - yet to figure out

kandy001

Nov 3, 2022
hi , I have submitted a OCI application with acklowdement on 3-Apr-2023
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-APR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

I have paid for the Purolator to deliver the OCI card , how do I track ? My BLS portal still has the old tracking number for return of my original surrender certificate ? How long it will take to deliver the OCI card to me

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
hi , I have submitted a OCI application with acklowdement on 3-Apr-2023
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn24-APR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

I have paid for the Purolator to deliver the OCI card , how do I track ? My BLS portal still has the old tracking number for return of my original surrender certificate ? How long it will take to deliver the OCI card to me
BLS website will not get updated till "Document Received At" date gets updated on the OCI website.
Once OCI changes with the above, BLS tracker will update after a 2-3 days

kandy001

Nov 3, 2022
BLS website will not get updated till "Document Received At" date gets updated on the OCI website.
Once OCI changes with the above, BLS tracker will update after a 2-3 days
Thanks for your reply , Do you know how long it may to take to get the dates updated , once status updated to "Processed"

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Now that I'm getting my surrender certificate tomorrow, I'm about to begin my OCI process. Is there a link to what the step by step process is? I checked the last few pages here and there's a ton of stuff but nothing that lists out what the process is anymore.

The front page of this thread (though from 2014) states that there are 4 steps in the process. I saw the OCI website and it's rubbish compared to the passport seva page. It's like some 12th grader came up with the website. Any help will be appreciated!

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard
What does this status update mean "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
What does this status update mean "(Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)"
BLS has received the OCI document from the consulate
next stage will be Ready for Collection(if you picking up) or Purolator AWB# should be provided (if you opted for courier) usually should update in a day or 2. Incase you do not see the update email BLS Brampton to enquire

Reactions: cic.gc.ca

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Now that I'm getting my surrender certificate tomorrow, I'm about to begin my OCI process. Is there a link to what the step by step process is? I checked the last few pages here and there's a ton of stuff but nothing that lists out what the process is anymore.

The front page of this thread (though from 2014) states that there are 4 steps in the process. I saw the OCI website and it's rubbish compared to the passport seva page. It's like some 12th grader came up with the website. Any help will be appreciated!
You can take a look at this to begin with
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Checklist_Information_Booklet_for_OCI_2jun22NN.pdf
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

cic.gc.ca

Jul 24, 2015
NOC Code......
2273 coast guard

Shital1808

Apr 26, 2023
Hi I have sent my documents for OCI. They wrote back saying they need my Landing document. I have lost it as it was 20 years ago.

has anyone faced this problem. We’re they able to get a solution. I am stuck right now as I don’t have this document.

I currently live in the US.

if anyone has found a solution would really appreciate your help.

thanks