+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
@abbas.pasha & enthu-cutlet, curious-cat @sumitbajaj07 - FINALLY i registered all 4 OCI applications online today. hands n eyes hurting scanning, adjusting file sizes etc etc!

now, the next step of taking all prints, copies, self attestations, and drafts!

27th in-person submission attempt at BLS could still be possible if I get time tomorrow to get drafts made.

@sumitbajaj07 where have you reached?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha & enthu-cutlet, curious-cat @sumitbajaj07 - FINALLY i registered all 4 OCI applications online today. hands n eyes hurting scanning, adjusting file sizes etc etc!

27th in-person submission attempt at BLS could still be possible if I get time tomorrow to get drafts made.

Man, Sumit and I talked the other day and he had to end up doing a new application.
Are you sure about the application yiu have completed?

• Wow
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

myindia

Oct 16, 2018
Hi all,
Is this needed for OCI application of Canada born baby of Indian parents or just a copy of birth certificate and registration certificate enough? This is from Toronto checklist

If birth certificate is issued by Canadian government, it is required to be attested by Ministry of Consumer Affairs/government services (222 Jarvis Street, Toronto) and thereafter from the Consulate of India, Toronto.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I had to do all my applicatiosn again as I made a mistake. i was supposed to enter canadian passport details But I added indian :(

Still finalising all 3 applictaions. Lot of work !

Thanks to @abbas.pasha sir for his help in this process. Really life saving.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Is there any phone verification during this process? Ever since i submitted the application, started to get calls from unknown numbers.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
@sumitbajaj07 for your views too, i paid special attention to these points......

1 - not try to continue with previously half-filled application; fresh shuru kari (there's some limit of no. of days too within which it has to be completed)
2 - ALL INFO AS PER PASSPORTS - apni, maa baap n biwi ki, with spl attention to middle names n how place of birth is spelt
3 - passport section right under family details to have Canadian pp info
4 - mode of Canadian citizenship - naturalization, date - date on citizensh cert
5 - relationship with root Indian - self, cos we all had IN pps
6 - family in India - only immediate family - siblings/parent
7 - date of marriage regn - $#%%^%&$%$#$@%$@%$^$Y^*(

documents to take along - yet to figure out

Last edited:

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
this is a pointer in the declaration to be signed in the oci form.....SSEERRIIOOUUSSLLYY??!!

2. I shall not use the Overseas Citizen of India card for undertaking any TABLIGH activities in India

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
Hi, is there a tracker sheet for oci? can someone tell me estimated time for entire process.
do timelines vary if i submit in east vs west? thanks

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, is there a tracker sheet for oci? can someone tell me estimated time for entire process.
do timelines vary if i submit in east vs west? thanks
The whole OCI process is such a stress on every ex-Indian that they don’t wanna relive this stress on. tracker sheet
About 2 months if you apply with BLS Toronto jurisdictions
If you live in GTA you can only apply within GTA(address proof is required)
Heard that applications from BLS Ottawa and Vancouver are processed a little faster

Reactions: AFSHANKHATOON