+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

vijayniranjan04

Star Member
Feb 22, 2018
why not just update OCI with new Canadian passport? Why do you need to tag OCI with US passport anymore since I assume you would be using Canadian passport whenever you visit India in future.
or am I missing something?
Yeah I tried this cgi just rejected it saying raise new oci . So I think we can use only which country passport we submitted at first.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Yes you are technically correct but just wanted to prepare my family when they visit India if in case they had a question as why Canadian PP info was not updated on OCI.

I reached out to CGI Toronto as well and they confirmed that I can continue OCI on a US Passport or I can also get a new OCI and update Dual Citizenship (US and Canada) on it.
My suggestion is to leave it as is and continue to OCI on US Passport..
Otherwise for a new one... 345$ + between 50 to 90$ (depending on where which BLS office you bump into for processing) and not to forget the BLS emotional atyaachaar :D

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

I submitted my application for OCI at Brampton location today around 8:30. Any idea guys when the tracker would be activated and how long it would take to get the OCI card.

Thanks

avalon12

Mar 28, 2023
I got my OCI approval on Apr 12th and delivered to Toronto on April 13th, there has been no update since regarding delivery. How long is the normal wait time from reaching Toronto to delivery at home ?

nav.88

Apr 5, 2023
Hello Everyone.

OCI Submission Walkin @ Brampton Feb. 28,2023

DOA Mar. 16, 2023

Registration Status at Mission Toronto

Documents Printing Status Processed (Apr. 11, 2023)

Dispatched from MEA New Delhi (Apr. 11, 2023)

Document received at Toronto (Apr. 11, 2023)
When you received the OCI?

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
So did you have to submit the affidavit?
No, the lady on the other side of the counter told me that they don't require any affidavit for such change like mine. I told her that I called here twice and both of the times I was told to get the affidavit but she said they don't need it but she said that I already have it now so she would submit that along with my application but it was not mandatory.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Dec2014NY

Dec 2, 2014
Hey folks - I am preparing my OCI application - appreciate your suggestions on the following - sorry if these have already been discussed before...
- Is employer letter mandatory for OCI submission? Is BLS looking expecting a copy of this letter during in-person submission?
- Is marriage certificate mandatory (it's single/my application only for now) - i believe this is required for spousal applications no?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hey folks - I am preparing my OCI application - appreciate your suggestions on the following - sorry if these have already been discussed before...
- Is employer letter mandatory for OCI submission? Is BLS looking expecting a copy of this letter during in-person submission?
- Is marriage certificate mandatory (it's single/my application only for now) - i believe this is required for spousal applications no?
  • Employee letter is required for online submission. When submitting the application at BLS they do not ask for it
  • Marriage Certificate not required for single application> It comes into play if you are married and applying for yourself/spouse/minor's OCI application

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
Applicant Name
File Reference Number
Date Of Acknowledgment21-MAR-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn13-APR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Todays update :)
Do you have further update? mine is stuck at the same stage, usually Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) and Document received At updates the very next day.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
No, the lady on the other side of the counter told me that they don't require any affidavit for such change like mine. I told her that I called here twice and both of the times I was told to get the affidavit but she said they don't need it but she said that I already have it now so she would submit that along with my application but it was not mandatory.
koi service standard nahin hain in logon kaa

avalon12

Mar 28, 2023
Do you have further update? mine is stuck at the same stage, usually Dispatched From MEA (OCI ) and Document received At updates the very next day.
My OCI was received in Toronto on April 13th (DOA - March18th) but no update on BLS's website since then. I have to travel to India on Friday and hence the urgency. Called BLS support number they said its still with Consulate. God knows what they are doing siting with the OCI document for 5 days now.