+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Trahimam trahimam trahimam! someone save me from the ambiguous OCI form, fields n expectations!!

1 - marriage date dilemma may need a polling button now!! have already received 2:2 views for use-marriage-date Vs use-date-of-registry!
2 - form speaks about spouse's OCI card no. abhi kahaan hai wo mere paas, kya dalu?!
3 - marriage certificate - should i upload, or is it only for those applying for OCI thru spouse's India status?
4 - occupation/profession letter - required for students too (stating that right now i'm getting prepared to get screwed for the rest of my life)?
5 - my andar-ka-keeda is pushing me to fill n finish the online form filling in tasks; can i do that even before receiving our SCs?
6 - how much time do i have to go to BLS after clicking the FINAL submit on my online form?
7 - if there's a mistake/change needed in the OCI form, can i just forget about the existing one and fill a fresh one, like done for SC application?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Trahimam trahimam trahimam! someone save me from the ambiguous OCI form, fields n expectations!!

1 - marriage date dilemma may need a polling button now!! have already received 2:2 views for use-marriage-date Vs use-date-of-registry!
2 - form speaks about spouse's OCI card no. abhi kahaan hai wo mere paas, kya dalu?!
3 - marriage certificate - should i upload, or is it only for those applying for OCI thru spouse's India status?
4 - occupation/profession letter - required for students too (stating that right now i'm getting prepared to get screwed for the rest of my life)?
5 - my andar-ka-keeda is pushing me to fill n finish the online form filling in tasks; can i do that even before receiving our SCs?
6 - how much time do i have to go to BLS after clicking the FINAL submit on my online form?
7 - if there's a mistake/change needed in the OCI form, can i just forget about the existing one and fill a fresh one, like done for SC application?
1 - marriage date dilemma may need a polling button now!! have already received 2:2 views for use-marriage-date Vs use-date-of-registry!.. Question should be how many times will you have live the marriage date ordeal.. Shaadi ek baar he kaafi hain :D.. My suggestion is to stick with the marriage date.
3 - marriage certificate - should i upload, or is it only for those applying for OCI thru spouse's India status? Itna soch mat...Daal de
4 - occupation/profession letter - required for students too (stating that right now i'm getting prepared to get screwed for the rest of my life)?... If you have selected occupation as student you should not be required to add this. But alternately you can choose to upload the school acceptance letter as well (Mamu tumhari to waat lagne waali hain :D)
5 - my andar-ka-keeda is pushing me to fill n finish the online form filling in tasks; can i do that even before receiving our SCs? Mat kar, wait for SC
6 - how much time do i have to go to BLS after clicking the FINAL submit on my online form? there no limit some folks would have done weeks in advance other like me would have done a day before going to BLS
7 - if there's a mistake/change needed in the OCI form, can i just forget about the existing one and fill a fresh one, like done for SC application? From what I know once you submit the form in the online portal there is no way you can change that. Only thing that you can do is to upload new photo/signatures to the portal but cannot change the application.

In the end...

Last edited:

svs03

Mar 5, 2019

7- yes, if there is a mistake you can complete a fresh application online and forget about the previous one. I asked the lady at toronto bls office and she confirmed that's the process for any mistakes during online application.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

S.loey

Sep 19, 2017
hello,
i am planning for my OCI application submission.In my indian passport my place birth is kochi,kerala and in my canadian passport birth place is kerala,india.Will it be a problem while filing the oci application?
can someone help me ?
thanks
I think you need to get it fixed on canadian passport. How they put just kerala like whole state as birth place.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
1 - marriage date dilemma may need a polling button now!! have already received 2:2 views for use-marriage-date Vs use-date-of-registry!.. Question should be how many times will you have live the marriage date ordeal.. Shaadi ek baar he kaafi hain :D.. My suggestion is to stick with the marriage date.
3 - marriage certificate - should i upload, or is it only for those applying for OCI thru spouse's India status? Itna soch mat...Daal de
4 - occupation/profession letter - required for students too (stating that right now i'm getting prepared to get screwed for the rest of my life)?... If you have selected occupation as student you should not be required to add this. But alternately you can choose to upload the school acceptance letter as well (Mamu tumhari to waat lagne waali hain :D)
5 - my andar-ka-keeda is pushing me to fill n finish the online form filling in tasks; can i do that even before receiving our SCs? Mat kar, wait for SC
6 - how much time do i have to go to BLS after clicking the FINAL submit on my online form? there no limit some folks would have done weeks in advance other like me would have done a day before going to BLS
7 - if there's a mistake/change needed in the OCI form, can i just forget about the existing one and fill a fresh one, like done for SC application? From what I know once you submit the form in the online portal there is no way you can change that. Only thing that you can do is to upload new photo/signatures to the portal but cannot change the application.

In the end...

your response is as impressive as your name/screen name!!!!

marriage: as i'm sticking to my marriage, i'll stick to marriage date!
marriage cert: agree, i'll also scan n include my wedding invitation card!
occupation: PDSB schools give a standard letter (used for IRCC n CRA purposes, i'll get that, very easy to obtain)
when to fill in the application: hmmmm, agree. inka pata nahi, they may have issues that i had not renunciated my citizenship as on the date of filling in the application. so it is better to wait
time allowed between filling online n going to BLS: this worry goes away since as per point above, i am not filling in the application right now
changing OCI form details: i think we can just discard this one and make an entirely new one. wo discarded wala anaath baitha rahega cos i'll take the final one to BLS to turn it into a proper application

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
your response is as impressive as your name/screen name!!!!

marriage: as i'm sticking to my marriage, i'll stick to marriage date!
marriage cert: agree, i'll also scan n include my wedding invitation card!
occupation: PDSB schools give a standard letter (used for IRCC n CRA purposes, i'll get that, very easy to obtain)
when to fill in the application: hmmmm, agree. inka pata nahi, they may have issues that i had not renunciated my citizenship as on the date of filling in the application. so it is better to wait
time allowed between filling online n going to BLS: this worry goes away since as per point above, i am not filling in the application right now
changing OCI form details: i think we can just discard this one and make an entirely new one. wo discarded wala anaath baitha rahega cos i'll take the final one to BLS to turn it into a proper application
marriage: as i'm sticking to my marriage: FEVICOL :D

• Haha
Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, today, my status is showing 'Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping'. So in how many days can I expect OCI to be delivered to my home? I just want to know the trend these days after this status.

oyebillu22

Mar 24, 2023
Couple of questions:
1. Can anyone share how long did the surrender passport process take with CGI Vancouver?
2. Do we get back the passport with a "surrender" stamp of some sort, or is it a certificate?
  1. Went to BLS surrey at 7am on a Thursday. I was the 4th person in the line. once they let us in, I was out of the BLS in about 20 mins(had all the required docs with extra copies). The lady on the counter said it was gonna take 3 weeks however the process only took 15 days in total including weekends from the day of submission.
  2. There is a certificate along with the passport. the passport's first and last page is stamped with a note about the surrender.

Reactions: fswaspirant

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi, question reg zip code in present address in OCI application. For some reason, it picked up zip code twice. Is that a concern or should a new application be submitted just to be safe?

akhileshtekchand

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-O
AOR Received.
20-02-2020
Med's Done....
03-02-2020
Hi All!

I'll be taking my oath on May 9th, following which I'll wait for my citizenship certificate, apply for Canadian passport, and surrender Indian passport following receipt of Canadian passport, followed by OCI application.
Overall, in your experience, what would be the overall processing time following the oath?
I'm in Toronto.

Thank you!