Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I wonder if they even send it to consulate, they might be just keeping for a week at BLS and returning it.
They don't. When I submitted my OCI application, the lady at the counter put my SC in an envelope and stapled the receipt on the back. Wrote my name and SC on the front. I received that same envelope today from Purolator with the receipt stapled at the same place and my name and SC written at the same place. I remember her stupid writing too. They are just looting our money in any way possible.

Reactions: yaml

S.loey

Sep 19, 2017
Hello. Questions on Indian passport surrender. Thanks in advance for the response !
1. Can we walk-in to BLS offices or an appointment required (I am in Vancouver area)
2. For surrendering, can I surrender passport/related documents for my wife as well, or does she need to come in person
3. I got 2 photos clicked for OCI. But it seems they ask photo for surrender. How many photos are required for Surrender and how many for OCI?
1. Yes i walked in surrey bls for surrender
2. Yes you can
3. Two for surrender and one for oci

S.loey

Sep 19, 2017
Applied for OCI Walk-in BLS Brampton on March 9th. I reached around 11:45 AM, there were only two people ahead of me waiting in the line. Only 1 photo was asked and they took the original surrender certificate.
Why original they took my photo copy only

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I called BLS. They said if you come in person, you have to stand in line from 6 am :rolleyes: .They suggested Purolator pickup drop off instead. I opted for that. Its like 158$ for 2 applications, but I guess saves me 3-4 hours of waiting in a line. Hope things workout. They asked me to send these forms:

1. Online application form
2. 1 photograph 2*2 inches
3. Indian passport copy and original
4. Canadian passport copy and citizenship certificate copy
5. Address proof each
6. Bank Draft : $ 129.40 for each - BLS International Services Canada Inc

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
They don't. When I submitted my OCI application, the lady at the counter put my SC in an envelope and stapled the receipt on the back. Wrote my name and SC on the front. I received that same envelope today from Purolator with the receipt stapled at the same place and my name and SC written at the same place. I remember her stupid writing too. They are just looting our money in any way possible.
BLS moto

redindian22

Mar 22, 2010
Hi Friends,
just wanted advice on the approximate date of receiving my OCI since I am travelling to India on May 3rd.My application is OCI miscellaneous service since there was a name change.

Applied in person-27th Feb
Original documents received back-16th March.
Date of acknowledge- 16-MAR-2023.

What are the possibilities to receive the OCI before May 3rd ? I have opted for in person collection of OCI at Brampton office.
Usually how many days does it shows ready for collection from time the Document received at Toronto?

Thanks in advance.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Friends,
just wanted advice on the approximate date of receiving my OCI since I am travelling to India on May 3rd.My application is OCI miscellaneous service since there was a name change.

Applied in person-27th Feb
Original documents received back-16th March.
Date of acknowledge- 16-MAR-2023.

What are the possibilities to receive the OCI before May 3rd ? I have opted for in person collection of OCI at Brampton office.
Usually how many days does it shows ready for collection from time the Document received at Toronto?

Thanks in advance.
Once the OCI website updates to OCI is processed and printed, you should be able to collect the OCI document in about a week.
If you still do not see a tracker update on BLS website i.e. "Ready for collection" you can email the following:
to enquire about the OCI pickup

arvindrags

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
16-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2017
Hi All,

How long it take to get original documents (Surrender Certificate) back after application acknowledged at Toronto Mission

Thanks
Hi,

None of the original documents are required anymore for postal. I know the website says otherwise. But after seeing some posts in this thread, I called the customer care and got the same message. I didn't send any of my original documents. It was processed and acknowledged as well.

So I'm not sure when yo would get back your originals

arvindrags

Star Member
Apr 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
16-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2017
My status just changed to Processed

Date Of Acknowledgment 16-FEB-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn16-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

mechfreak

Sep 25, 2017
Hi All,
We received our OCI on March 15th, we had submitted our application in person at Brampton on Jan 27th and our date of acknowledgment was Feb 8th, however for one of the OCI's I notice that on page 1, the stamp/seal of issuing authority is missing, has anyone else faced this?if yes, how do we get the stamp and seal?

SyedAli786

Jan 18, 2019
Hello, All

I have doubts of submitting the photocopies for OCI ( in-person)

For self-attestation of the photocopies, means putting your signature and date after writing “Certified True copy of the original”

Can someone please clarify?

Thank you

g99

May 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted my OCI in BLS-Brampton on 12th March, that lady who processed my application took my original surrender certificate. She mentioned it will be returned after 15 days.

g99

May 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, All

I have doubts of submitting the photocopies for OCI ( in-person)

For self-attestation of the photocopies, means putting your signature and date after writing “Certified True copy of the original”

Can someone please clarify?

Thank you
For in-person, you just need to sign on the photocopies. BLS didnt say anything about dates or writings about attestation.

Reactions: SyedAli786