+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
My spouse submitted Application for OCI last week , and to my surprise they kept orignal Surrender Certificate with application and said it will returned in week or so . Is this new thing or normal ????because when i submitted my application in 2021 they never kept my orignal surrender certificate . When it will be mailed back any idea ? Thanks

Reactions: vmosht

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
My spouse submitted Application for OCI last week , and to my surprise they kept orignal Surrender Certificate with application and said it will returned in week or so . Is this new thing or normal ????because when i submitted my application in 2021 they never kept my orignal surrender certificate . When it will be mailed back any idea ? Thanks
Do saal main BLS laalchi ho gaya hai bhai ;)
It’s quite normal these days (money naking tactics nothing else)
Will take 3 weeks

Reactions: Torontosingh

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018

I would like to take a moment to thank Abbas for all the help and insights he provides to all for the questions posted on this forum, many repeat questions as well but goes ahead and provides answers to the questions posed..and not to mention a dash of humor he brings in to his replies..

Thank you Sir , I appreciate you.

Believer16m

Star Member
Sep 22, 2021
Any Ottawa applicant timeline please ? When should I expect at BLS based on below ?
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn06-MAR-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn07-MAR-2023
Document received AtOTTAWAOn

dora115

Star Member
Jul 7, 2017
Hello
Stumped again , while filling the OCI FORM in part B- Has any member of your family applied earlier for OCI ( My son already has a oci from usa ) it asls for file ref # and also date when applied...not sure how one remembers the date of a old application, I only have the oci issuance date !!
You can get date of acknowledgement of you son's OCI from https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury by providing passport number and file number.

yaml

Star Member
Aug 16, 2022
Anyone applied OCI by post recently? Wondering if any original document need to be sent if applying by post.

SyedAli786

Jan 18, 2019
If you are in Brampton/GTA area reach out to
Mihir Sanadi - Barrister, Solicitor, Notary Public, Commissioner of Oaths
Contact# 647 706-8471
He charges about 60$ for the affidavit
Hi Abbas,

Is this ok with the Notary format for the Place of birth change in my Indian/ Canadian Passport ( As i don't want to take chance with BLS :)

SOLEMN AFFIRMATION

I, the undersigned XXX YYY ZZZ, resident of “xxx yeyyey, ON,”, SOLEMNLY STATE ON OATH AND DECLARE that;

• I, PQRS, having DOB as xx-YYY-ZZZZ, am a Canadian Citizen with Canadian passport number PQRSTUV. Submitting an application with the Consulate General of India for Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and have the knowledge of the facts stated herein.
  • On my Indian Passport No. RABCDEFG, the place of birth is written as “Chilkalguda” as per Indian Passport”. On Canadian Passport No. PQRSTUV, the place of birth is written as “HYDERABAD IND” as per Canadian Passport”.
  • “Place of Birth as per Indian Passport” and “Place of Birth as per Canadian Passport” is one and the same place.
And I make this solemn Declaration consciously believing to be true and knowing that it is of the same effect as if made under oath.

(Name)

Cell: +1 123456789

Email ID: xyz12345@gmail.com

wink

May 25, 2021

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Have a question regarding Nexus... CBP seems to state explicitly that it is to travel between Canada and US. But say you are travelling into US from some other country, is it of any use (or perks at the airport) in that scenario?
I don't know, as I have limited knowledge.. (pehle nexus card aane to do :) )

But this maybe useful: https://nexuscardapplication.com/where-can-i-use-my-nexus-card/#:~:text=You can use your NEXUS,the two countries by boat.
https://goingawesomeplaces.com/can-use-nexus-returning-canada-youre-coming-international-destination/

Last edited:
Reactions: wink

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Do saal main BLS laalchi ho gaya hai bhai ;)
It’s quite normal these days (money naking tactics nothing else)
Will take 3 weeks
Thanks@abbas.pasha for replying .
Can you please share a link where to check oci application status apart from BLS. Not able to recall i use to check on some goverment website for myself. I tried yesterday on one but it says you can only check those oci applications which are submitted to India missions / Frros. Thanks

Reactions: abbas.pasha

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Abbas,

Is this ok with the Notary format for the Place of birth change in my Indian/ Canadian Passport ( As i don't want to take chance with BLS :)

SOLEMN AFFIRMATION

I, the undersigned XXX YYY ZZZ, resident of “xxx yeyyey, ON,”, SOLEMNLY STATE ON OATH AND DECLARE that;

• I, PQRS, having DOB as xx-YYY-ZZZZ, am a Canadian Citizen with Canadian passport number PQRSTUV. Submitting an application with the Consulate General of India for Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and have the knowledge of the facts stated herein.
  • On my Indian Passport No. RABCDEFG, the place of birth is written as “Chilkalguda” as per Indian Passport”. On Canadian Passport No. PQRSTUV, the place of birth is written as “HYDERABAD IND” as per Canadian Passport”.
  • “Place of Birth as per Indian Passport” and “Place of Birth as per Canadian Passport” is one and the same place.
And I make this solemn Declaration consciously believing to be true and knowing that it is of the same effect as if made under oath.

(Name)

Cell: +1 123456789

Email ID: xyz12345@gmail.com
You dont have to create the draft, this will be drafted by the lawyer/notary

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Thanks@abbas.pasha for replying .
Can you please share a link where to check oci application status apart from BLS. Not able to recall i use to check on some goverment website for myself. I tried yesterday on one but it says you can only check those oci applications which are submitted to India missions / Frros. Thanks
OCI Status Website: https://ociservices.gov.in/statusEnqury (only check this site after 20+ days)
BLS Tracking: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/track-application.php

Reactions: Torontosingh