+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
When I applied for OCI (on Feb 11), they took my surrender certificate original. Do you guys know how long does it take it to be returned ? I saw @msatishxp got the return status like in 5 days. My BLS status is says "Processing at consulate general" for both lines.
Any response from recent applicants ?

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Your spouse should apply selecting Self under “Relationship with the root Indian” as she was Indian citizen before having an Indian passport
These are the documents she should consider uploading

• CURRENT PASSPORT - Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back)
  • EMPLOYMENT/ WORK LETTER
  • SPOUSE PASSPORT- Combine pdf and include (first page) of the Canadian Passport and citizenship certificate(front and back) (if you are married)
  • PREVIOUS INDIAN PASSPORT OF SELF - Combine pdf and include (first and last page) of the Indian Passport and Surrender Certificate
Thanks@abbas.pasha

Reactions: abbas.pasha

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018

Someone inquired with CGI Toronto - OCI Section about requirement of retaining original documents (Passport, Birth Certificate or Surrender Certificate) by BLS International during in-person submission.
As per reply snapshot - BLS must return all originals immediately after verification.
I wish someone does sting operation with BLS and expose the looters.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

Someone inquired with CGI Toronto - OCI Section about requirement of retaining original documents (Passport, Birth Certificate or Surrender Certificate) by BLS International during in-person submission.
As per reply snapshot - BLS must return all originals immediately after verification.
I wish someone does sting operation with BLS and expose the looters.

Hamara sting operator kaisa ho ;) @wincanton jaisa ho...

canadalove85

Aug 4, 2017
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn22-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtTORONTOOn

Received this update today. What happens next and how much time would it take to get the OCI delivered.

kiravp

Feb 21, 2018
Ottawa Walk-in
Jan-21 - Submitted
Jan-24 - Ack
Feb-15 - Processed
Date Of Acknowledgment 24-JAN-2023
Registration Status at Mission OTTAWA
OCI- Number xxxxxxx
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 15-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI On 16-FEB-2023
Document received At OTTAWA On 22-FEB-2023