+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
For child oci, do we need to send marriage certificate? My marriage certificate is from India. Will they consider that?

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
For child oci, do we need to send marriage certificate? My marriage certificate is from India. Will they consider that?
YES - you should send self-attested copy of marriage certificate.
For my child's in person application at BLS. I gave self-attested copy of my marriage certificate from India. They must consider it as per indian govt. norms.

Reactions: Romi123

kenyk

Star Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi Members,

I am preparing my professional details letter, what details needs to be included in the letter.

Regards,
Keny

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
YES - you should send self-attested copy of marriage certificate.
For my child's in person application at BLS. I gave self-attested copy of my marriage certificate from India. They must consider it as per indian govt. norms.
Thank you so much. I will definitely send it.

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
Hi Members,

I am preparing my professional details letter, what details needs to be included in the letter.

Regards,
Keny
I am sending offer letter ( employment letter) with my application. It describes job position, pay range, job start date, employer name and address and job duties.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
If both parent’s name are mentioned in the child’s passport and birth certificate, in that case marriage certificate is not necessary but it can be used as a supplemental document
But make sure the marriage certificate is attested by the Ministry of External affairs in India

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
If both parent’s name are mentioned in the child’s passport and birth certificate, in that case marriage certificate is not necessary but it can be used as a supplemental document
But make sure the marriage certificate is attested by the Ministry of External affairs in India
Both of our names are mentioned on my kid’ birth certificate but not on his canadian passport. Our marriage certificate is not attested by ministry of external affair. I hope they still consider it.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
@abbas.pasha - does Indian Marriage Certificate require attestation by MEA?
may be other countries or territories?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha - does Indian Marriage Certificate require attestation by MEA?
may be other countries or territories?
That’s what’s I understand
If you get married in India then Marriage Registrar has to attest which most folks do, but if you wanna show this out of India, then you need MEA attestation as well..
Now those who dont have the MEA attestation can CGI/HCI do that attestation instead?. The answer is No... CGI/HCI will say, jao pehle is certificate pe MEA thapaa laga kar laao :( I know this because my next door neighbor who was applying for OCI for his wife under " Indian origin Spouse basis" (since his wife was born/brought in Canada). They only had registered marriage certificate by local authorities in Kerala but never attested by MEA. It took him 3 trip to CGI after which they told him ke pehle MEA ka stamp lagenga..

But marriage certificate is only required if your names are not in each others Indian passport last bio pages

Last edited: