+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I called BLS to check about this. They said i should enter my indian passport number that I just surrendered. Please let me know if someone has done it and did not face any issue. Thanks
That’s weird, we did not mentioned it in our application, neither did some of our other friends who submitted and got there OCI.

Reactions: Romi123

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
That’s weird, we did not mentioned it in our application, neither did some of our other friends who submitted and got there OCI.
I have read it somewhere on this forum someone else also did the same thing. I guess it should be fine.
can you please guide me about documents requirement. Should i only send attested documents as per the checklist?
I am not applying oci in the basis of my spouse. Do i need to upload marriage certificate? Or only spouse cdn passport with citizenship and oci card should be ok?

A_S

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
I called BLS to check about this. They said i should enter my indian passport number that I just surrendered. Please let me know if someone has done it and did not face any issue. Thanks
They are dum dum , here its blank in both documents unless you had a previous Canadian Passport, the call center probably was confused on which line.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Form-Filling-Instructions.pdf
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I have read it somewhere on this forum someone else also did the same thing. I guess it should be fine.
can you please guide me about documents requirement. Should i only send attested documents as per the checklist?
I am not applying oci in the basis of my spouse. Do i need to upload marriage certificate? Or only spouse cdn passport with citizenship and oci card should be ok?
Do not send original documents. Only send self attested copies of your documents
In our case we did not include marriage certificate for my wife and my application since our cancelled Indian passports had our names on the bio pages
But in our kids application we did hoever attached it as a supplemental document, although the kids birth certificate and cancelled indian passports does include both parent names

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
They are dum dum , here its blank in both documents unless you had a previous Canadian Passport, the call center probably was confused on which line.

https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Form-Filling-Instructions.pdf
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/OCI-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf
I dont have any previous canadian passport. Just surrendered indian passport. I called two different bls at two diff locations and they both replied the same.

seamarine

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
I dont have any previous canadian passport. Just surrendered indian passport. I called two different bls at two diff locations and they both replied the same.

If the Canadian passport has place of birth as city and Ind and the Indian passport has it as city and state..is it ok on the oci application or do we need to get a notarized document?

Thanks in advance.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
I applied for OCI on 7Jan23 at BLS Brampton (In-person) and got Acknowledgment exactly in 3 weeks.

Waiting for next update. Anyone with Acknowledgment date 27JAN23 got any update? It has been over 3 weeks already.

Application Date2023-01-07
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Date Of Acknowledgment27-JAN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
If the Canadian passport has place of birth as city and Ind and the Indian passport has it as city and state..is it ok on the oci application or do we need to get a notarized document?

Thanks in advance.
this wasnt a place of birth question...
he/she was asking about the previous passport if it required to be mentioned or not

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I applied for OCI on 7Jan23 at BLS Brampton (In-person) and got Acknowledgment exactly in 3 weeks.

Waiting for next update. Anyone with Acknowledgment date 27JAN23 got any update? It has been over 3 weeks already.

Application Date2023-01-07
Application StatusProcessing at Consulate General
Processing at Consulate General

Date Of Acknowledgment27-JAN-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI Application StatusUNDER-PROCESS
gaadi slow chaale hain