Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting

Dev424

Aug 16, 2021
Hi, all

I am applying for OCI. Required document indicates for employment letter. I am self employed so, what should i mention in self employment letter.

Thank you in advance.
Hello, I am in the same situation as self employed. can you please let me know what have you done and please share me the template of the letter

Dev424

Aug 16, 2021
Thanks Raj. I hope the rules are still same.

Checklist has something like "(g) Professional Details of the applicant." I think it might be some details of our work in a simple format, I guess. Let's see if any one who applied recently had any issues? Thanks
Hi i am in same situation as self employed, did you submit any self explation letter for professional details, can you please share the template letter

manmohan8932

Nov 19, 2016
here is my timeline for postal OCI application from Vancouver:

Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn10-FEB-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn11-FEB-2023
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn11-FEB-2023

in BLS tracking it says: Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping

I had already paid the Purolator drop-off fees online. Does the above status mean that I need to go and pickup the OCI card? Has anyone else faced an issue where you have already paid for Purolator and still had to go and pick-up?

Hello
My OCI status has same status on the Oci website and it says document received in vancouver on 15th feb, how long will it take to receive my OCI passport ? this whole process was very smooth for me and it took almost same processing time what BLS mentioned. i also paid courier drop off fee and hoping to get my document dispatched soon.

manmohan8932

Nov 19, 2016
Hi i am in same situation as self employed, did you submit any self explation letter for professional details, can you please share the template letter
Hi

i am self employed and have my own business so i basically issue job letter to myself which have my company's letterhead and my own signature and everything seems approved and no issue so basically its not very important and all they want to know what you do for work in canada, my thoughts. in my letter i simply mentioned that i am self employeed and list few job duties and thats it.

manmohan8932

Nov 19, 2016
when i print oci form after filling, it already has a photo in the pdf document. Do i paste the actual photo on top of it? or have it put in envelope?
I personally paste my photo on top of my printed photo and sign underneath and i had no issue so far, i also put extra photo in my application just in case they need it. my application seems approved waiting for courier to deliver it to me.

manmohan8932

Nov 19, 2016
thanks in Purolator, the tracking is still not available, hopefully it gets dispatched soon
it you paid all fee for courier then you should already have shipping label from Purolator with tracking PIN on it which you print and paste on the envelop and same PIN you need to track your package. it usually update in courier site with in 24 hours.

manmohan8932

Nov 19, 2016
For in mail applications, do we have to send original canadian passport copy and citizenship certificate.

Thanks in advance
No, do not mail original passport and citizenship certificate, i printed out color photo copies and self attested them by signing them as mentioned in their checklist which I also filled up and attached as cover sheet on my application.

indogenius

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Need help,Applied oci with old indian passport original,it says on Bls web -dispatched for courier.when i look at purolator tracking,it shows that since i was not avail, it went back to bls.I want to confirm what should i do nxt to rearrange delivery,please help

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Need help,Applied oci with old indian passport original,it says on Bls web -dispatched for courier.when i look at purolator tracking,it shows that since i was not avail, it went back to bls.I want to confirm what should i do nxt to rearrange delivery,please help
Go and pick it up from the BLS centre where you applied