App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Monday means - 13th Feb? It's too close for new Canadian passport and e-visa together. Have you already applied Canadian passport and got it in your hand?
Keep aside Surrender Certificate for now as this is neither required nor hinderance for your immediate travel on e-visa.
Sorry, I should have clarified. The tickets are for March 4th, applying for express/urgent passport on Monday feb 13th. Then e-visa. So I will not worry about surrender now at all. Thank you, I appreciate it.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Sorry, I should have clarified. The tickets are for March 4th, applying for express/urgent passport on Monday feb 13th. Then e-visa. So I will not worry about surrender now at all. Thank you, I appreciate it.
4th march is way far! You should be able to get a passport and evisa in a weeks time.

Reactions: SPV

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hello all,

Below is my OCI application to CGI Toronto submitted by mail to BLS Brampton

Below updates from BLS online tracking:
- Application received Jan 26th
- Status update on Feb 2nd: Processing at consulate general
- Status update on Feb 8th: In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

Status enquiry on OCIservices.in:
- Date of acknowledgement: Feb 8th
- OCI application status: under process

I'm traveling mid_March so not sure if I will get the OCI then. More importantly, I haven't yet received my Canadian passport and citizenship certificate back. Plan B was to apply for an e-visa first week of March. Any suggestions on the timeline to get Canadian passport back via mail? I had pre-paid for the Purolator service but I reckon that is for the OCI delivery.
what was the draft value that u sent?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I submitted my application successfully and honestly, didn't even ask a single question though they asked me extra money for getting text updates and OCI cover. I paid for text updates but politely declined the OCI cover.

They kept my original surrender certificate and told that it will be mailed out to me. They didn't keep the photocopy of my employment letter and returned back to me saying not needed as I have already submitted it online.

Did BLS keep any of yours surrender certificate too? I'm just wondering do they actually need it for processing or just keep it to charge extra dollars for courier delivery.
Sawaal ye hain ke tumne un logon ko question poocha ke nahin
In the end they should have given money to you.. ke bhai itna mat pooch ye paise hamari taraf se le aur jaa :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: A_S

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
1.Can canadian born child whose both parents are pr of canada is eligible to get oci card?
2. How much time it take to get oci card of new born ?

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Just been to BLS at Toronto for a self Indian born OCI application and can clarify these for future applicants,
  • Previous passport => left empty, had applied for first Canadian passport and never had any other non-indian passport
  • Relationship certificate => Born in India, didn't upload self birth certificate
  • Indian Visa => Didn't upload anything. Asked what this was for and they didn't say anything about COPR. I don't know where this COPR for India visa section came from o_O
  • Parent's name in OCI application SHOULD match the one in Indian passport. If not, provide copies of parent's passport.
Thanks @abbas.pasha for helpful tips.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
1.Can canadian born child whose both parents are pr of canada is eligible to get oci card?
2. How much time it take to get oci card of new born ?
Yes, but you have to select Relationship with Root as Parent for your child's application, since your child never had an Indian passport/or was born in India
Alongside with other relevant documents you need to include the Canadian Birth Certificate (self attested copy and original) carry it along when you submit their application at BLS center

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Just been to BLS at Toronto for a self Indian born OCI application and can clarify these for future applicants,
  • Previous passport => left empty, had applied for first Canadian passport and never had any other non-indian passport
  • Relationship certificate => Born in India, didn't upload self birth certificate
  • Indian Visa => Didn't upload anything. Asked what this was for and they didn't say anything about COPR. I don't know where this COPR for India visa section came from o_O
  • Parent's name in OCI application SHOULD match the one in Indian passport. If not, provide copies of parent's passport.
Thanks @abbas.pasha for helpful tips.
I also applied today at BLS Toronto centre. They took my original surrender certificate and told it will be couriered back. Did this happen to you as well ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I also applied today at BLS Toronto centre. They took my original surrender certificate and told it will be couriered back. Did this happen to you as well ?
In our case original/cancelled Indian passport was taken but not the Surrender Certificate..
BLS main kuch bhi ho sakta hain :D

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
In our case original/cancelled Indian passport was taken but not the Surrender Certificate..
BLS main kuch bhi ho sakta hain :D
Lol haan yes. They charged me a $12 EP fee. I asked if it was mandatory and they said yes it was mandatory to charge that. I declined the passport cover, but I highly doubt that was also put on this EP fee. I knew I was being ripped off. But I thought I will take it in stride. Does anyone know what this EP fee is ?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Lol haan yes. They charged me a $12 EP fee. I asked if it was mandatory and they said yes it was mandatory to charge that. I declined the passport cover, but I highly doubt that was also put on this EP fee. I knew I was being ripped off. But I thought I will take it in stride. Does anyone know what this EP fee is ?
EP fee is like Electric Power fee too keep there lights on :p

• Haha
Reactions: A_S and aphermix